|Tamil Name||: Siru Poolai (சிறுபீளை) / Poola Poo|
|English Name||: Mountain Knot Grass / Polpala Plant|
|Malayalam Name||: Cerula (ചെറൂള)|
|Hindi Name||: Kapooreejadee (कपूरीजादी) / gorakhabootee (गोरखबूटी) / chhaaya (छाया)|
|Telugu Name||: Pindidonda (పిండిదొండ)|
|Kannada Name||: bili himdi soppu (ಬಿಳಿ ಹಿಮ್ಡಿ ಸೊಪ್ಪು)|
|Marathi Name||: kapurmadhuri (कापूरमाधुरी)|
|Bengali Name||: chaya (ছায়া)|
|Rajasthani Name||: Chhoti bui (छोटी बुई)|
|Konkani Name||: tamdlo(तांडलो)|
|Punjabi Name||: bui-kaltan|
|Sanskrit Name||: ashmahabhedah (अश्मःभेदः) / bhadra (भद्र) / gorakshaganja (गोरक्षगञ्जा) / pashanabheda (पाषाणभेद) / shatakabhedi (शतकभेदी)|
A perennial, annual herb with the botanical name Aerva Lanata is available in all seasons. Commonly called Mountain Knot bull, this herb belongs to the Amaranthaceae family. India-owned Mountain Knot Grass is abundant in India and most of Asia, Australia, and Africa. Although often used as food or livestock, it has various unknown medicinal properties and health benefits.
It grows on bare ground, barren, and along the roadside all year round, with minimal water required for the plant to grow. They grow normally in dense forests, even in the 900 m high mountains. Aerva Lanata can usually bloom flowers once or twice a year. They have small and simple leaves with a length of 1.3 cm to 3.5 cm and a width of 0.8 cm to 2.5 cm. At the base of this tree, there are two shiny white and reddish lobes.
Also, the stems of the Aerva Lanata are about 1.8 m long, with the white flowers 2.5 mm long, growing in clusters near the axis of the stem. The Aerva Lanata tree blooms, especially in May and October. Because of its lack of nectar and odor in its flowers, it is not pollinated by insects but rather self-pollinating.
- Aerva Lanata is widely used in Tamil medicine for liver and kidney problems.
- It acts as an effective diuretic and helps to promote the production of urine.
- Also, it is effective in curing lithiasis, bladder problems, and gonorrhea.
- It is used in Ayurveda, Siddha, and Unani Medicine as an effective remedy to help relieve pain and inflammation.
- Aerva Lanata is an effective remedy for shortness of breath to regulate the respiratory tract and reduce respiratory problems.
- People with piles are often more prone to bleeding, so people with these problems can take Aerva Lanata as the best medicine.
- They are widely and traditionally used in the treatment of persistent diarrhea and bleeding.
- This is a natural remedy to balance free radicals because the stem of this plant acts as an excellent antioxidant.
- It is an excellent natural remedy against kidney stones, acting as a lithontriptic and antilithic to help destroy stones in the kidney and bladder.
- Aerva Lanata is a herbal booster that increases memory power.
- It is also used to treat headaches, migraines, stomach pains, and digestive problems.
- Using Aerva Lanata, you can control your body’s metabolism, and it can control the flu, neck, and back.
- Aerva Lanata is a very effective treatment for serious body problems such as liver degeneration, hepatitis, and inflammation in the liver.
- Aerva Lanata can be used to burn unwanted fat naturally.
- They effectively deal with many health problems, such as bone problems, anemia, arthritis, Alzheimer’s disease, lung problems, and blood flow.
Other Uses of Mountain Knot Grass Flower
- This plant is used as food for both humans and animals.
- You can use the leaves of the Mountain Knot Grass in the soup or eaten as a vegetable or spinach.
- The whole plant especially leaves, is edible.
- This plant is grown as grazing for the game, stock, and chickens.
- It is used as a talisman against evil spirits and gives good luck to hunters.
- Traditionally this plant is used as a medicine for snakebites.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.