Thartavel Nathai Soori one of the best dried herbs in India, known as Shaggy Buttonweed and Madhana Chettu.
Shaggy Buttonweed Is Called:
Botanical Name – Borreria hispida
English Name – Shaggy puttonweed
Tamil – நத்தைச்சூரி Nathaichuri
Telugu – మదనగ్రంధి Madana-grandhi
Hindi – मदनघण्टी Madanaghanti
Malayalam – Kutalccurukki, Nattaccuri, Tardavel, Tartaval, Thartuvel
Kannada – Daare Botu, Daare Kaddi, Madana Buddame Gida, Madana Ganti, Madanabadu, Madanaganti, Megidda
Marathi – घंटी ची भाजी Ghanti chi bhaaji
Sanskrit – Madanaghanti
- The choornam of the samoolam of this plant reduce the overweight or obesity.
- The leghyam made from these seeds is recommended to have twice a day for bloody diarrhea.
- Taking the powder of its dried roots with cow’s milk twice a day will treat urinary infections, oliguria, etc.
- The choornam of the roots will reduce the internal heat, venereal diseases if you take it daily.
- A decoction of the samoolam is helpful in treating headaches.
- This herb bears a rich amount of Calcium and Phosphorus hence the administration of this drug in form of chooranam or kudineer (decoction) is recommended in conditions like bone diseases, fractures, etc.
There are no reviews yet.