Cedrus deodara, popularly known as deodar, Himalayan cedar or deodar cedar belongs to Pinaceae (Pine family).
Deodar plants have been used extensively in Ayurvedic medicine. Moreover, all parts of this tree like heartwood, leaves, bark, oil, resin, etc. have lots of medicinal benefits and antiseptic properties.
The Cedar bark is a best medicine for the treatment of inflammations and rheumatoid arthritis. The oil has disinfectant and anti-fungal properties.
Devathari Is Called:
|Botanical Name||: Cedrus deodara|
|English Name||: Himalayan cedar or Himalayan deodar|
|Common Name||: Deodhar|
|Tamil Name||: தேவதாரி – Devadari|
|Hindi Name||: देवदार- Devadar|
|Telugu Name||: దేవదారు – Devadari|
Ayurvedic Name – Devadaru, Suradruma, Suradaru, Devakashtha, Devadruma, Saptapatrika, Daru, Bhadradaaru, Amarataru, Amaradaru, Daruka, Devahvaa, Surataru, Surabhuruha
Here are some of the Health Benefits of Deodar mentioned below:
- Devadari oil cleanses infected wounds and it helps to avoid worm infestation.
- Treat skin diseases
- A good medicine for treating cough and cold
- Used in urinary tract disorders and diabetes
- Devadari balances Vata which is useful in neurological conditions.
- Used for asthma and Chronic respiratory disorders treatments
- Used for sinus treatments.
- The devadari paste helps to relieve pain, swelling, inflammation, etc
There are no side effects with the medicines. It is completely safe for pregnant ladies and kids.