|Botanical Name||: Linum usitatissimum|
|English Names||: Linseed, Flaxseed, Flax|
|Tamil Name||: Ali Vidai|
|Malayalam Name||: Cheruchanavith, Cheruchana Vithu|
|Telugu Name||: Avise Ginzalu|
|Hindi Name||: Alasi|
|Kannada Name||: Agase|
|Marathi Name||: Jawas, Alashi|
|Bengali Name||: Tishi, Pesi|
Flax is also called Common Flax or Linseed. It is from the Linaceae family as a member of the genus Linum. It is cultivated as food and fiber in cooler regions around the world. In western countries, the textile made from this flax is known as linen which is basically used to make bed sheets, underclothes, and table linen. The oil which we get from this flax is called linseed oil. The word “flax” usually refers to their unspun fibers.
Here are some of the Health Benefits of Flax Seeds mentioned in below:
1. Cholesterol-free, so they are good for the heart.
2. Good source of fiber, better for digestion, prevent constipation, and used in suppressing hunger.
3. Other nutrients it has are protein, magnesium, calcium, phosphorous, omega 3 (alpha-linolenic acid), lignin, and mucilage.
4. If you regularly taking flax seeds then it will help you to have good skin. It prevents cancer and facilitates weight loss.
5. Flax seeds work great for women’s health. The lignans in flax help in the fight against high levels of estrogen and help to maintain balanced hormonal levels.
6. Flax seeds are helpful in reducing menopausal symptoms, such as flushing and night sweats. Flax seeds can also helpful for women in their irregular periods and for those with extreme symptoms of PMS – for example, headache, anxiety, mood swings, etc. It also helps in controlling heavy bleeding during menstruation and also reduces the risk of breast cancer and improves uterine function.
7. Hair fall in women is often associated with hormonal imbalance and stress. Flax seeds are great for promoting healthy hair.
8. They also reduce hypertension.
9. They are low in LDL (lipoprotein) or bad cholesterol.
You have to place these seeds in a cool, dark, and dry place the only thing to know is, it must be away from moisture. So don’t place it under sunlight. Seal tight in a container or pouch after every use.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and processed without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herbal products.