Botanical Name : Mukia Maderaspatana
English Name : Madras Pea Pumpkin / Rough Bryony
Tamil Name : முசுமுசுக்கை / Musumusukai
Hindi Name : अगनकी / Aganaki
Malayalam Name : മുക്ക്പതീരം / Mukkpeeram
Telugu Name : ముసిముసికాయ / Musumusukaya
Musumusukai or purple fruited pea eggplant is a thorny creeper, a tropical annual growing plant that grows up to 50 cm in height. It has bluish-purple flowers and small-sized fruits.
- It is an effective herb for asthma. The leave juice is taken orally. Honey soaked ripe fruit is taken to treat asthma and long-standing colds.
- The leaves treating all kinds of lung disorders, respiratory problems and also helps indigestion.
- Solanum trilobatum ground with cow’s milk and taken in the morning for relieving cough.
- A paste of leaves with pepper helps to get relief from stomach pain caused by heat and excessive gas.
- The leaves increase the production of blood and prevent the thickening of the blood, which leads to many diseases.
- The leave juice cures dullness of hearing, and it also used ear drops.
- The flower is said to improve mental ability.
- The leaves are good for tuberculosis and difficulty in breathing.
- Powder of dried fruit is a good home remedy for rheumatism, constipation, and gastric problems.
How to Consume
Take five gms of powder with 100 ml of water and boil them for a few minutes. After the water getting warm, filter it, and drink before food.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herbal powders.