Edible Camphor is derived from the tree Laurelin, which has the botanical name of Cinnamomum Camphora. These are an exotic evergreen tree found in Asia, especially Indonesia and Borneo. Also in the same area are tall tropical Kapoor trees, which are additionally one of the other species of trees incorporated into the Magnolite Decode family.
In India, it is used as an associate degree ingredient in cooking for its aroma, as an associate degree embalming liquid in pharmaceutical operations, and for aroma at spiritual festivals. Not all camphor is edible, but Cinnamomum Camphora is one of the Edible Camphor with various medical benefits. In India, this Cinnamomum Camphorais used primarily in sweets and commodities. To enhance the aroma and flavor of the traditional sweet “Sarkkara Pongal” of Tamils, a small amount of Pacha Karpooram is added.
Vernacular Names of Camphor
|Scientific Name||: Cinnamomum Camphora|
|English Name||: Edible Camphor|
|Tamil Name||: பச்ச கற்பூரம் / Pachai Karpooram|
|Hindi Name||: Kacha Karpoor|
|Telugu Name||: Cheen Karpooram|
Health Benefits of Edible Camphor
Here are some of the Benefits of Camphor mentioned below:
- Pacha Karpooram treats colds and coughs.
- Edible camphor also cures vomiting, loss of appetite, intestinal diseases, and digestive problems.
- It also aids in dry hair, dull hair, unsanitary hair, and bald hair. It also stimulates hair to grow.
- Pacha Karpooram is used to treat all types of skin problems, such as skin rash, dry skin, and moisturizing skin.
- This camphor is also used for all types of skincare remedies.
How to Use Pacha Karpooram
- Heat a tiny piece of camphor with coconut oil and massaged this warm oil over the chest to cure cold and cough.
- Oil prepared from edible camphor is used to treat various hair and skin problems.
- Boil a pinch of camphor and ajwain seeds in a cup of water. After getting warm, filter the water and drink it for treating digestion troubles.
- Adding a pinch of Cinnamomum Camphora to dessert and sweets will enhance the flavor.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb products.