Dried Turmeric Root/ Haldi (100 g)
Tamil Name – மஞ்சள் – Manjal
Dried Turmeric has been proven to improve immune function with antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, and antibacterial properties. It helps to regulate immune cell function against cancer.
Free Shipping over $50 Worldwide
Our Delivery Partners :DHL, FedEx, Indiapost, Delhivery
Other Common Names
|Botanical Name||: Curcuma aromatica|
|Common Name||: Indian Saffron, Aromatic Turmeric, Yellow Zeodary|
|Tamil Name||: மஞ்சள் – Manjal|
|Hindi Name||: हल्दी – Haldi|
|Bengali Name||: হলুদ – Haluda|
|Malayalam Name||: മഞ്ഞൾ – Mannal|
|Marathi Name||: Halada|
|Telugu Name||: పసుపు – Pasupu|
|Gujarati Name||: હળદર – Haladara|
Turmeric is actually an underground rhizome that has unique phytochemical pigments having medicinal properties. These compounds impart intense flavor, color, and distinctive fragrance to the recipes.
It is a root turmeric from the family of ginger or Zingiberaceae. Their scientific name is Curcuma longa. Their roots and leaves have been used in the traditional Indian and Chinese medicines for its anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, and anti-cancer properties.
Turmeric is from the sub-Himalayan mountain region and now it is grown widely in many parts of the tropical and subtropical regions. The plant will grow up to a meter in height and it features aromatic, miniature plantain-like leaves.
100 g of turmeric provides
- 53% of dietary fiber, (% of Recommended Daily Allowance, RDA per 100 g)
- 138 % of vitamin B-6 (pyridoxine),
- 32% of niacin,
- 43 % of vitamin C,
- 21 % of vitamin E,
- 54 % of potassium,
- 517 % of iron,
- 340 %of manganese and
- 40 % of zinc.
- but 0% cholesterol.
Health Benefits of Turmeric
- Turmeric has anti-inflammatory, anti-flatulent, carminative, and anti-microbial properties.
- It has a very good level of potassium that will help to control the heart beat rate and blood pressure level.
- Turmeric also has magnesium that is utilized by the human body. The iron content is an important co-factor for the cytochrome oxidase enzymes at the cellular level metabolisms and also it is required for red blood cell productions.
- Turmeric is the best medicine for memory disorders.
- It also protects you from coronary artery disease and stroke.
- The anti-inflammatory compound curcumin can help to treat the symptoms of arthritis. Turmeric is also used in many anti-inflammatory drugs.
Uses of Dried Turmeric Root
- Dried turmeric root has also been used as offerings in Hindu rituals.
- It is used in the preparation of tea for its earthy flavor. Enjoy turmeric tea or golden milk and gain health benefits.
- It is also added to soups, curries, or other rice dishes for its color.
- The dried root is used in tinctures, gargles, and also as a natural dye.
Turmeric will not cause any side effects, but if you use blood thinners then consult your doctor before trying turmeric powder.
Turmeric is harvested in the winter season. The roots are taken only when the plant dies. This is because the plant transfers all its nutrients into rhizomes only when it dies. Then the whole plant is dried up in sunlight and the roots are extracted.