Buy Dried Nightshade or Yellow fruit nightshade at the best price in India. Solanum Surattense also called Solanum virginianum, yellow fruit nightshade, kandankathiri, and Thai green eggplant is a type of Nightshade with yellow berries. It is one of the most used medicinal plants in India.
Botanical Name: Solanum Surattense
English Name: Yellow Fruit Night-shade
Tamil Name: மணத்தக்காளி / Manathakkali
Malayalam Name: കണ്ടകാരി വലുതിന / Kantakari Valutina
Hindi Name: बड़ी कटेरी / Badi Kateri
Telugu Name: పిన్న -ములక / pinna-mulaka
Yellow fruit nightshade
Yellow fruit nightshade treats bronchial asthma. It has antiurolthiatic and natriuretic properties. The decoction prepared from fruits treats diabetes. The herb cures chest pain, vomiting, cough, hair fall, skin disorders, and cardiac diseases. The decoction prepared from roots acts as fabric and expectorant.
The yellow fruit nightshade’s diuretic properties are helpful in treating fever, chest pain, and cough. In India, root paste is being used for treating hernia, constipation, and flatulence.
The plant leaves, flowers, fruits, and stems cure burning sensation and itching.
Health Benefits of Dried Nightshade:
The yellow fruit nightshade and dried nightshade have the same benefits as black nightshade.
- Raw Nightshade has properties as a laxative, rejuvenate, purgative, astringent.
- Its fruit paste is good in reducing swelling, hastening the healing process, and cleansing wounds and ulcers.
- This paste is used as a relief element to the eyelids, in case of conjunctivitis.
- Gargling with the nightshade powder decoction treats stomatitis, oral ulcers, and sore throat.
- It is a good astringent for loose gums, bleeding, and ulceration of gums.
- Used in preparing ‘Triphala’ which is often used for hair wash, brushing teeth in pyorrhea, and treating bleeding gums.
- Regular consumption of dried nightshade powder fried in ghee promotes longevity and boosts energy.
- It works well as gastrointestinal ailments, tumors, ascites, piles, enlargement of liver-spleen, worms, and colitis.
- Powdered nightshade with jaggery works well in gout.
- Its powder with honey and ghee is being an effective remedy for anemia.
- It relieves back pain, soreness, muscle pain, gout, also if you suffer from rheumatism then it’s a good choice to consume nightshade as it can cure rheumatism and all the symptoms.
- For high blood pressure, it’s recommended to consume nightshade regularly. It prevents hypertension and high blood pressure.
- It is also the best medicine for mouth ulcers. Including black nightshade in your regular diet heal stomach ulcer also.
- Black nightshade helps to improve the functioning of the liver so that it is beneficial to neutralize and release toxins inside your body.
- It has high fiber content and acts as a natural laxative agent to prevent constipation.
Another kind of nightshade that also gives the same potential benefits is the Bittersweet nightshade. It is also known as European bittersweet, or climbing nightshade. The plant grows from rhizomes and is a slender climbing or trailing perennial. It can reach 6 feet in length. Leaves are alternate, ovate, simple or deeply lobed with 1-1/2 to 4 inches long, and pointed at the tip.
The flower color is deep purple or bluish purple with flower stalk arising between the leaf nodes or opposite the leaves. Fruits are nearly round which turns to turn red when mature and stays on the vines through mid-winter.
Vidya Balan –
Quality of the product is good than I expect and the packing was also clean.
Dried Black Nightshade from Moolihai was worth it. Liked every bit of it.