Coleus is from the family of Lamiaceae. It is commonly known as the mint family. The stem in these plants is in a square shape. They have a large content of essential oil so they are usually extremely fragrant.
Coleus is a fleshy, perennial herb. Its aroma is similar to camphor.
Unlike other plants in the Lamiaceae family, the principal part used medicinally is coleus’ pale fibrous roots.
Saaranai Ver Is Called:
Botanical Name – Plectranthus scutellarioides
Common Name – Coleus
- The Coleus root is used for the allergies
- Used to treat skin problems
- Used for the irritable bowel syndrome
- This used to treat urinary tract infections and bladder infections
- Helps to control the blood pressure level
- Used for the chest pain, and cancer treatments