Chamomile is a famous herb throughout the world, and it has been used for centuries because of its health benefits. It is used to prepare tea for its calming property and used to soothe the digestive tract. Chamomile is used for the skin, and it is found in lotions and hair care products. German Chamomile, mayweed, Hungarian Chamomile, sweet false Chamomile, and true Chamomile are the common names of Chamomile.
Chamomile comes under the Asteraceae family, which is an aromatic herb that has white daisy flowers. The name chamomile comes from the Greek language, ‘Kamai‘, which means “on the ground“. Chamomilla is an annual plant that can grow up to the height of 24 inches, and the native of this herb in Europe and Asia.
Chamomile flowers were used from the ancient period; in ancient Egypt, it was an offer to their gods. In Europe, Chamomile is used to maintain a healthy digestive system. Due to the numerous health benefits of chamomile flowers, it is used in teas, baths, gargles, inhalations, and compresses. In Mexico, it was used to maintain healthy respiratory function, easing digestion, and improve mood.
It is a good source of many nutrients, including potassium, calcium, and flavonoids which eliminate the toxins from the body. Though dried chamomile is native to other countries you can buy chamomile flowers from India through the Moolihai store.
Vernacular Names of Chamomile
Benefits of Dried Chamomile flowers
- Dried Chamomile flowers are a rich source of flavonoids and antioxidants that decrease the possibility of coronary artery diseases and other heart attacks.
- Drinking tea prepared from Dried Chamomile flowers reduces blood pressure and LDL (harmful) cholesterol levels, thus makes the heart healthier.
- Dried Chamomile flowers treat stomach ulcers with their anti-inflammatory properties. Further, it also cures stomach disorders such as diarrhea, constipation, bloating, and gallstones.
- Chamomile flowers tea cures digestive issues such as irritable bowel syndrome, abdominal pain, and stomach upset.
It also treats colic, relieves gas, vomiting, diarrhea, nausea, heartburn, and motion sickness.
- Dried Chamomile flowers tea helps in weight loss, triggers gastric juices in the intestines, and aids in the digestion process.
- Dried Chamomile tea boosts the immune system and makes the body free from cold and flu.
- The antibacterial properties of chamomile fight against harmful viruses and bacteria.
- Chamomile tea can reduce blood glucose levels in diabetes patients.
- Chamomile prevents cancer cell development with the antioxidant apigenin.
- It can cure skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
- Chamomile tea is used for promoting sleep and curing insomnia. The antioxidants in Chamomile bind with brain receptors and result in sound sleep.
- Dried Chamomile flower tea reduces menstrual cramps.
- Chamomile flower has diuretic properties, which cleanses the blood, kidneys, and urinary tract.
- Chamomile flower is an excellent herb for maintaining your skin and hair. T
- It possesses healing, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties which treat acne, wounds, and scars.
- Dried Chamomile is used as a body scrubber that provides a soothing effect to your skin.
- Chamomile treats sunburn when applied to the skin.
- Chamomile has an antioxidant that acts as an exfoliator, reduces dryness, dandruff and also prevents the growth of bacteria on the scalp.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and processed without the chemical interactions that assure natural herbal products.