Botanical Name – Cyperus Rotundus
English Name – Purple Nut Sedge, Nut Grass
Tamil Name – கோரைக்கிழங்கு – Korai Kilangu
Hindi Name – मोठ, नगरमोठ, बड़ा-नगर -मोठ , कोरेही-झाड़ – Motha, Nagarmotha, Bara-nagar-motha, Korehi-jhar
Malayalam Name – മുത്തങ്ങ – Muthanga
Telugu Name – తున్గాముస్తలు – Tunga Mustalu
Nutgrass is the common Indian Subcontinental weed; it can find throughout the world. The seeds of this grass are edible, and it can be used in extremis.
Nutgrass is a perennial shrub. The height of this shrub is up to 40 mm. The stem of this shrub is a dark green color and the leaves are long. The flower stem of this shrub has a triangular cross-section, and the flower height is from 2 to 8 inches, it has three-stamina and three-stigma carpel.
The flowers of this shrub are bisexual. The flowers of this plant are bloom in summer and fruits in winter. It has tuberous roots or rhizomes that are fragrant. The native of this plant is southern Asia, Africa, and southern and central Europe.
This grass is a member of the sedge family or Cyperaceae family. This nutgrass is used to cure a lot of ailments in ayurvedic medicine systems. It is widely used for stomach and nervous problems around the world. Nutgrass has been used to cure various diseases and it is used since hundreds of years around the world. It is used for stomach problems, as a diuretic and stimulant as well as to improve the functioning of the nervous system.
Here are some of the Health Benefits of Nut Grass mentioned in below:
- Nut grass is great for the digestive and urinary system
- It is also used to treat rashes, fungal infections, and other skin problems.
- This root is used to develop high memory power
- Nut grass is an effective remedy for vomiting, distaste, colitis, diarrhea, and dyspepsia.
- It is also used for treating Alzheimer’s disease, epilepsy, and cancer.
- This herb will provide strength to the body
- The power from the rhizome is used for epilepsy, psychosis, and menstrual problems.
- Nutgrass helps to lighten the skin also it removes the darkness and dullness, it’s a natural way of moisturizing without any side effects. It is very much helpful for Dandruff, Skin Wounds, and Skin Ulcers. It can be used to treat cervical cancer.
- It is also used for the curbs infection and helps to purify the blood.
- It is also used to normalize body temperature.
- The herb proves to be a keen stimulant in appetite.
- Nutgrass is beneficial in treating cough and asthma since it alleviates the Kapha.
There are no reviews yet.