|English Name||Tanner’s Cassia flower|
|Tamil Name||Aavaram Poo|
|Marathi Name||Tarod, Tarwad|
|Gujarati Name||Aawal, Awala|
From ancient civilization, Herbs are viewed as an important part of medical treatment. Their uses continue to the modern era from Vedic times. These herbs and flowers can be seen especially in the villages of Tamil Nadu.
Some herbs have the ability to cool the body. One such herb is Avarampoo (senna flower) which is available around riverbeds. Senna Auriculata is its scientific name and in English, it is called Tanner’s cassia.
Here are some of the Health Benefits of Avaram Senna Flower mentioned in below:
1. The powder of dried senna flowers can be mixed with face wash powders and curd for better results. Thousands of Indian women have been using this for uneven skin, black spots, and blemishes. This powder has the power to glow your skin and it improves complexion on regular usage.
2. Senna flower powder can also be used for removing body odor as it has a sweet fragrance. Avarampoo powder is apt for dry to normal skin people. It can prevent skin infections.
3. Herbal tea can be prepared from this Avarampoo. As it has an antioxidant-rich concoction, it is very tasty and the best replacement for coffee and tea.
4. Senna flower can cool and hydrate the body from inside. So, in the olden days, people used to carry this on their heads when they are worked or walked in the hot sun. It also reduces body heat.
5. Senna flower regulates sugar levels in the blood. It naturally increases insulin levels in the body. Diabetic people can take this on an empty stomach.
6. This drink is used as a natural element to treat fever in children. Because it does not have toxins and chemicals so it is a safe remedy for children.
7. The Avarampoo juice cure painful urination.
8. Senna flower has the ability to improve liver function and rectify constipation.
9. Avarampoo seeds have effective antibacterial properties. They have been used in the treatment of gonorrhea, eye diseases like conjunctivitis.
10. Senna bark and seeds can treat rheumatism and gout in some parts of the world.
How to Consume
- Powder the dried leaves and Mix 5 gms of powder in 100 ml water, boil it for a few minutes. Once the water gets warm, strain it and drink it before food twice a day.
- Mix 3 gms of powder with cow’s milk twice a day which aids in Excessive Urination issues.
- Make a paste with senna flower powder, Bengal gram, green gram flour, and little water or rose water. Use this paste while bathing will enhance the complexion of the skin.
- Mix Aavaram powder with aloe vera gel and fenugreek seed powder. Apply it over the scalp which treats dandruff.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.