Botanical Name : Acacia Catechu
Tamil Name :கருங்காலி / Karingali
English Name : Cutch Tree, Heart Wood Tree
Malayalam Name : കരിങ്ങാലി / Karingali
Hindi Name : खैर / Khair
Telugu Name : చంద్ర , సండ్ర / Chandra, Sandra
Cutch is a small tree that grows to a height of just 3 m to 15 m, which belongs to the botanical family Acacia Catechu. In mature trees with hard and coarse bark, the stems are dark brown to black, the bark peeled into long strips, and the young trees have a corky bark.
Its leaves, 100 to 200 mm long, resemble the fern and consist of 8 to 30 pairs of small leaflets with 2 pairs of long leaflets. Below the first pair of leaves is a thin stalk and the glands between the six pairs of leaves above. At the base of each leaf, there are pairs of thick bristles 10 mm long.
The flowers are white and pale yellow, forming a cylindrical flower spike tightly interwoven, about 3 mm long, and the structure is similar to that of a lamb’s tail. The pods, which are brown in color, contain four to seven seeds, each of which is 50-125 mm long.
Internal Health Benefits of Karingali
- Most of the diseases in humans today are due to our improper lifestyles and eating habits, resulting in the accumulation of unwanted toxins in the body over a period of time.
- Karingali is used in Ayurveda as the main ingredient in medicine preparation for many ailments. Because the Karingali is very helpful in removing the accumulated body toxins and cleansing the body.
- Karingali is an excellent herb for the treatment of diabetes, cough, colds, fever, and many other inflammatory conditions in the body.
- Karingali has breathable properties that helps to manage the pitta disorders in the body. Liver problems and hemorrhages can be cured with Cutch Tree herbs and act as a liver protective agent.
- Heart Wood is the best Ayurvedic medical choice for both external and internal use of the body and is considered one of the best herbs for managing body health problems.
- The Karingali helps to keep the blood pressure fluctuations steady in the body of anemic patients. Due to this process, the impact on anemic patients is controlled.
External Health Benefits of Karingali
For Skin Care
- External use of Acacia Catechu can effectively treat common skin problems such as skin irritation, itching, rashes, and more.
- It is the result of an unbalanced diet that limits body fat and reduces the amount of unwanted cholesterol in the body.
- Massage of teeth and gums through the soft stems of the ebony plant helps control oral problems such as dental pain, gingivitis, bleeding gums, tooth decay, and mouth odor.
- It helps to balance Kabha-induced diseases of the oral cavity, gums, and teeth.
How to Consume Karingali Internally
Mix about 5 g of Karingali Powder in about 100 ml of water and boil it for a few minutes. Once the water is heated, the contents should be filtered and taken separately. Drink this water before breakfast and after dinner.
How to Apply Karingali Externally
For Skin Care
It can be grind as a paste and applied on the affected skin.
You can gently massage the gums and teeth or wipe them off with these bark powder.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.