Other Common Names
|Botanical Name||: Vateria Indica Linn|
|English Name||: White Dammar, Piney Resin|
|Tamil Name||: வெள்ளை குங்கிலியம் / Vellai Kungiliyam|
|Hindi Name||: सफ़ेद डामर, कहरुवा / Safed dammar, Kharuva|
|Malayalam Name||: വെള്ള / Vella|
|Telugu Name||: తెల్ల దుమారం / Tella Damaramu|
|Kannada Name||: Dhoopada mara, Bili Dhoopa|
|Bengali Name||: Guggul|
Kungiliyam, also known as the Indian Copal tree, is most commonly seen in the Western Ghats’ hills of more than 1200m. It is an evergreen tree that grows up to 40 m tall. The bark looks greyish and smooth, whereas the leaves are arranged alternately up to 3.5 cm.
Leaves are broad and look heart-shaped with a long-pointed apex. Kungiliyam bears white-colored flowers with yellow anthers in the leaf axils. It produces one-seeded fruit in the shape of a capsule up to 6.4cm*3.8 cm and appears pale brown.
Kungiliyam has been used in Ayurveda for treating various ailments. It is a rich source of minerals that play a major role in curing diseases.
Kungiliyam is an excellent solution for women experiencing Amenorrhoea and Dysmenorrhoea. It gives you great relief from painful periods.
Teeth and gums
If you feel that you’ve weak gums, then mix a little amount of Kungiliyam powder to your toothpaste and then start your brushing. This gives you strong teeth, gums, and also refreshes your mouth.
It acts as a styptic (wound healer) and helps in curing all types of infected wounds both internally and externally. Applying the resin or the gum of white dammar externally helps you in treating burn wounds, opened carbuncles, surgical wounds, syphilitic chancres, and other skin diseases.
It is also very powerful in treating Haemorrhoids(piles), ulcers, or other swellings in the internal organs.
- White dammar can provide better relief to your respiratory pathway by treating cough, asthma, flu, and also bronchitis.
- It helps you to get rid of chronic diseases like Rheumatism, Hemicranias, Neuralgia, Epilepsy, Gout, and also Diarrhoea.
This White Dammer is widely used to treat skin problems like skin wrinkling, skin rashes, inflammation, itching, and also chronic skin problems. The external use of kungiliyam will helps to treat all types of skin-related problems.
- In Ayurveda, the resin of a white dammer is used as a base in preparing sticks for herbal smoking.
- It is also used as an insect repellent to keep away mosquitoes.
- White dammer is effectively treats hemorrhoids, neurological problems, hemicrania, etc.
- In ancient Ayurveda, this vellai kungiliyam is used as a medicine to treat syphilis.
- Gum Powder- 1-3 g
- Bark decoction- 50-100 ml
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for its use during pregnancy and lactation. White Dammer can also be used in children in small dosages.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.