Sanskrit : Bahuphenarasa, Bhuriphena, Carmasava, Charmakansa, Charmakasa, Phenila, Saptala
English Name : Soap Pod, Soap acacia, Soap-nut acacia
Tamil Name : சீயக்காய் / Siyakai / Shikaka
Hindi Name : हिकाका, कोची, रिघा /रीठा (रीठा ), सातला / शिका, Hikakai / Kochi, Righa, Ritha
Malayalam Name : കമലാന്താ, കാർമലന്തല, ചികക / Carmalantala, Chikaka, Chinikka, Civikka
Telugu Name : చికాయ (చీకాయ), గోగు, శిరికాయ, సీకాయ / Chikaya (cheekaya), Gogu, Shiikaya
Assamese Name : Amsikira, Kachuai, Pasoi tenga, Suse lewa
Oriya Name : VimalaTamil : Cikkay, Ciyakkay, Shika, Shikakai, Shikai (Sheekay), Shikaikkay
Shikakai, one of the herbal medicinal plants, has been traditionally used for hair care since ancient times. Shikakai is a thorny shrub that grows in the tropical forests of India. The fruits are used as a natural shampoo for hair. Its pod is dark brown and shrinks when dry. There are about six to ten seeds in each piece. Its leaves, leaves, bark, and fruits have been used for various medical purposes.
The pods, fruits, bark, and leaves of this plant are well dried in the sun and then converted to powder. Thereafter the powder is made into a paste as needed. This traditional shampoo is considered a good cleanser for cleansing hair. It naturally has a low pH so it won’t cause any damage to your hair. Shikakai usually acts as a detangler and requires no additional conditioner. The infusion of the leaves has been used in anti-dandruff products. Due to the health benefits of shikakai, it is also used to prepare hair care products.
- Shikakai softens your hair and adds a wonderful shine and good aroma to your hair.
- Due to its Ayurvedic nature, hair roots are strengthened and hair loss is greatly restricted.
- If you apply Shikakai powder or paste once a week to your hair, dandruff can be drastically reduced and eliminated within months.
- By using Shikakai powder, your dry hair will always be rich.
- The Shikakai Hair Pack is a great way to relieve headaches during the summer.
- Shikakai powder is also a good remedy for hair disorders.
- It is very beneficial for a variety of skin problems thus you can be used it for psoriasis, itching, and acne.
- Shikakai powder is used for hyperpigmentation also it’s a good remedy for pain.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.