Botanical Name : Borreria Hispida Seed
English Name : Landrina
Tamil Name : நத்தைச்சூரி, நத்தைச்சூரி விதை, / Nathai Choori / Kuzhimeettan
Hindi Name : मदनघंटी / Madanaghanti
Malayalam Name : മധുരക്കിഴങ്ങ് / Thartavel, Kudalchurukki, Nattachuri
Telugu Name : మధన చెట్టు / Madhana Chettu
Nathai Choori is a well-branched, procumbent, rough, hairy herb that can grow from 10 to 14 cm in length. The branches are 4-angled, ascending, purplish, or greenish. The leaves can grow from 1 to 3.5 cm long, and 0.8 to 1.7 cm wide, besides they are elliptic, spatulate, and ovate.
The seeds are opaque, granulate, oblong, and 3 millimeters in length. The flowers are 4 to 6 and occur in a whorl in the axils of the leaves. The calyx teeth are linear-lanceolate. The corolla is pale blue or white and is 5 to 10 millimeters in length. The fruit is a hairy capsule about 5 millimeters in length.
Benefits of Nathai Choori (Landrina)
- The Landrina seed powder is a natural body cooler because the roots of this chooranam will greatly help to reduce internal heat, venereal diseases, etc.
- It’s a clinically proven ayurvedic medicine to strengthen bones, the chooranam of Landrina is recommended for conditions like fractures or bone-related diseases.
- It acts as a medium of herbal remedy for Head Aches, body aches, and irritations (i.e decoction of the plant is helpful in treating headaches).
- Are you tired of fighting against obesity? Just chill, the Landrina powder is really amazing and works great in reducing overweight or obesity.
- The flowers have been applied to boils, and eruptions, and also used as a tonic and used as an anti-dandruff.
- Siddha Medicine for Stomach ailments is used to reduce stomach ailments and it’s highly recommended as an emetic and a remedy for coughs, colds, urinary infections, and malaria.
How to Consume Nathai Choori Internally
Mix about 5 g of nathai choori powder in about 100 ml water and boil for a few minutes. Once the contents are heated, filter it, and drink it before breakfast. Do the same recipe on the mountain and drink distilled water after dinner.
How to Consume Nathai Choori Externally
The flowers of the Nathai Choori plant are used externally for boils, rashes, cuts, wounds, etc., and are also used by many as an excellent anti-dandruff medicine.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.