Botanical Name : Glycyrrhiza Glabra
Common name : Jethimadh
Tamil Name : அதிமதுரம் / Athimauthuram
English Name : Liquorice
Hindi Name : मुलेठी / जेठीमधु / Mulethi, Jethimadhu
Malayalam Name : ഇരട്ടി മധുരം / Earatti Maduram
Telugu Name : యష్టిమధుకం / అతిమధురం / ఇరాత్తిమధురం / Yashtimadhukam / Atimadhuram / Irattimadhuram
Kannada Name : ಲಿಕ್ಕರೈಸ್ ರೂಟ್ / Yashtimadhu, Atimadhura
Marathi Name : मद्यपान / JeshtamadhaTamil – Atimaduram
Urdu Name : شراب کی جڑ / Mulhati
Athimathuram is a valuable plant known scientifically as Glycyrrhiza glabra or Glyceria Glabra. Licorice is cultivated as a brewery for its medicinal properties. The plant is commonly called Sweetwood because of its high sweetness. Most of the sweetness in alcohol comes from Glycyrrhiza, which is 30 to 50 times sweeter than sugar and has drug effects. The leaves of the Licorice plant are renowned for treating scalds and bad sweat.
- The root of Licorice has been used by people for centuries to protect the stomach lining and treat a variety of diseases including the digestive tract.
- Licorice tea is used as an excellent home remedy for coughing, and it is also sweet because children drink it.
- It also has anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic properties that control seizures during menstruation.
- It acts as a laxative for people suffering from constipation. It should be consumed daily as a tea for 2 to 3 days for good relief from constipation.
- Its anti-inflammatory properties make it an effective treatment for arthritis.
- Licorice is known for its blood purifying properties and is considered a medication for problems in the bloodstream.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.