Botanical Name : Abies Webbiana
Tamil Name : தாளிசபத்திரி / Thalisapathiri
English Name : Himalayan Silver Fir / Indian Silver Fir
Malayalam Name : താലീസപത്രം / Talisapatram
Hindi Name : तालीस पत्र / तालीसपत्र / Thaleesa Patra/ Talispatra
Telugu Name : టాలీసపత్రి / Thaleesapatri
Thalisapathiri, also known as Silver Fir in India, has the botanical name Abies Webbiana. It comes from the Pinaceae family, which is recognized as the pine family of cones. Thalisapathiri trees grow widely in the Himalayas at high altitudes ranging from 2800 to 10000 feet. Thalisapathiri plants are found in the northern tip of India such as Bengal, Kashmir, Nepal, and Assam.
Thalisapathiri is a tall evergreen tree that grows in temperate parts of India. Its dense and strong branches are spread horizontally. It has a brown bark and grows to a height of about 60 m. Young shoots are covered with short, short, and brown hairs. The herb used for medicinal purposes has the aroma of terebinthine and a good flavor.
It is a good thing that the plant has a certain amount of phytochemicals. In addition to beta-sitosterol, n-triacontanol, abiestin, and bioflavonoid, it also contains two major glycosides named methylbetuloside and betuloside.
The oil produced by this plant contains medicinal elements such as carvone, alpha-pinene, limonene, beta-pinene, camphene, monoterpenes, and bornyl acetate. These include alkaloids such as saponins, steroids, amino acids, tannins, 1-(4′-methoxyphenyl)-aziridine, phytosterols, bioflavonoids, lipids, and so on.
Health Benefits of Indian Silver Fir Powder / Thalisapathiri
- Thalisapathiri has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory properties and is known for its central nervous system depression.
- It also contributes to the cure of female antifertility, antitussive, anxiolytic, and antitumor.
- Due to its mast cell stabilization, the body is immune to the irregularities of the body such as severe fever, depression, and tension.
- Thalisapathiri leaves are great for relieving problems such as sneezing, colds, nasal irritation, and frequent urination.
- The leaves of the plant have anti-inflammatory, antitussive, mucolytic properties that help to clean the airways and dissolve the hard mucus that stays in the lungs.
- It is used to treat asthma and bronchial disorders as it has the ability to dissolve and reduce its production.
- It has a bronchial-dilution character that helps ease breathing and reduces stress greatly.
- The leaves of the plant are recommended as a medicine for children as they have an increased appetite.
- Thalisapathiri is used to relieve muscle cramps during menstruation.
- It removes toxins from the body and helps reduce inflammation, vomiting, and fever.
- Thalisapathiri powder is used to treat rheumatism, and rheumatoid arthritis.
- It is not only used as a heart tonic but also for treating dental problems.
- Also, it acts as a proper and beneficial medicine for headaches.
How to Consume Thalisapathiri Powder
Mix about 5 g of Thalisapathiri Powder in about 100 ml of water and boil it for a few minutes. Once the water is heated, the contents should be filtered and taken separately. Drink this water before breakfast and after dinner.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.
There are no reviews yet.