Botanical Name : Nardostachys jatamansi
English Name : Spikenard
Tamil Name : ஜடாமஞ்சி / Jadamanji, Jatamamsi, shadamangie, takaram
Hindi Name : जटामासी / Jatamasi, balchhari, mansi, nihani, smak, sumaya, tagar
Malayalam Name : ജടാമാഞ്ചി / Jatamanji, Takaram, Manchi
Telugu Name : జటామాంసి / Jatamansi
Gujarati Name : જટામાંસી / Jatamansi
Kannada Name : ಜಟಮಾನ್ಸಿ / Jatale, naati jatamaansi, nandu batlu, tagara
Marathi Name : जटामांसी / Thagar mool
Jatamansi is a popular Ayurvedic herb used in the treatment of neuropsychiatric diseases and dermatitis. Nardostachys Jatamansi is a perennial herb that grows up to 10-60 cm tall and has long thick, rhizome roots. The leaves are elliptical and some are obtuse. Its pink flowers bloom in the form of bells. Its roots are thicker and hairier.
Jatamansi was a well-known medical language in traditional Indian medicine. It is a suitable treatment for diseases of the eye, heart, and liver. It is a remedy for depression, hysteria, nervous restlessness, and Hypochondriasis. It acts as a stimulant to combat fever, sore throat, nervous disorder. Jatamansi is not only a natural nerve tonic but it also acts as a cognitive booster. It is commonly prescribed in Ayurveda to relieve epilepsy, cramps, stress, and seizures.
- It is used to treat dandruff in hair-related problems such as poor growth of hair and premature hair loss.
- It is capable of controlling the effects of high blood pressure and is therefore used as a good tonic for high BP, heart attack, and other conditions.
- The medicinal plant helps improve the brain’s capabilities and helps fight mental problems, thereby providing peace of mind.
- It provides vigor and strength to the nervous system.
- Balancing biochemical reactions in the body reduces anxiety, stress, and depression.
- Its refreshing aroma gives the brain a calming and sedative effect.
- It is capable of enhancing skin color and ensures the glowing appearance of the body.
- It prevents liver enlargement and is effective in the treatment of hepatitis and jaundice.
- Oil produced by Spikenard has anti-fungal properties. It also works against fungi such as Aspergillus niger and Aspergillus flavus.
- It boosts immunity and protects the body from various infections.
- It is used to treat insomnia and headaches that may occur.
- It is particularly useful in painful periods of dysmenorrhea and during menopause.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.