Other Common Names
|Botanical Name||: Thymus Vulgaris|
|English Name||: Thymol|
|Tamil Name||: ஓம உப்பு / Omam Uppu|
|Malayalam Name||: Thottathulasi|
|Hindi Name||: Banajwain|
|Telugu Name||: అజుమోద / వాము / Ajumoda, Vamu|
Thymol, also known as Thyme, is a natural phenol derivative extracted from the plant Thymus vulgaris. This Thymol is actually manufactured into crystals or oil to treat several diseases.
Thymus vulgaris is a flowering plant that belongs to the family Lamiaceae. It is a small woody shrub that grows up to 40 cm in height. The shrub is small, bushy with grey-green leaves, and produces purple-pink flowers. It is rich in Thymol and is used as an ingredient in cooking and herbal medicines.
Thymol has a consistency of about 40% in the Thyme plant and so it is used in the manufacture of crystal salt and oil. The herbal crystals are highly aromatic, having a sweet and spicy taste. Thymol is widely used in Ayurvedic medicine and Allopathic medicine for its medicinal properties. It is used as a stabilizer in the manufacture of pharmaceutical products.
Thymol Crystals are most commonly used as an antiseptic to treat infections present all over the body. The anti-bacterial property of Thymol fights against the foreign invaders entering your body.
- Since Thymol Crystal is the only herb with a fungus called Aspergillus that can cause serious lung infections, it is used in this treatment.
- Thymol Crystal is widely used by many people to treat and cure ringworm infections.
- Thyme helps cure vaping coughs, bronchitis, colitis, sore throat, abdominal pain, gout, gastritis, persistent diarrhea, anorexia in children, parasitic infections, intestinal ulcers, skin disorders. In this process, thyme salt is taken internally.
- Oma Uppu acts as a diuretic and increases the flow of urine, and is used to urinate and stimulate the appetite.
- Thyme crystals are used to treat skin roughness, swollen tonsils, laryngitis, mouth ulcers, and mouth odor.
- Because thyme oil is a germ-killer, it is widely used for mouth washing.
- Thyme oil is used in the scalp to treat baldness, which results in better results for users.
- Thyme, one of the chemicals in thyme, prevents tooth decay. It is also used as a dental varnish in combination with a chemical called chlorhexidine.
- It is used as a flavoring material in perfumes, pharmaceutical products, and food preservatives.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.
reetham s k –
Effective product. Treats my acidity and gas problems
Good herbal product and I used it
Gives a good result