|Botanical Name||: Ferula Asafoetida|
|English Name||: Asafoetida / Devils Dung|
|Tamil Name||: பால் பெருங்காயம் / Paal Perungayam|
|Telugu Name||: ఇంగువ / Inguva|
|Malayalam Name||: കായം / Kaayam|
|Hindi Name||: हींग / Hing|
Ferula is part of the perennial herb celery family Apiaceae, which grows to a height of about 1 to 1.5 m, which includes a variety of species. Medicinal plants such as Asafoetida is belonging to silphium also known to be of the same species. Dried latex is taken from the pipe-root or rhizomes of these various species.
It has been used since ancient times not only as a herb but also as a spice. It gives your dishes an extra and stunning flavor. It is often added to Indian spicy vegetarian dishes such as lentils and gravy. And its mass is used for tearing and slipping.
Indians have the habit of incorporating it into their daily cooking, as this Paal Perungayam has some incredible medical properties. Asafoetida is cooked with the most gaseous ingredients to prevent gas problems and other disorders in the gastrointestinal tract. It also accelerates the process of sensory stimulation and acts as a laxative.
Health Benefits of Asafoetida
- For Menstrual Problem
The excellent medicinal uses of Asafoetida are relieving the problems of menstrual cramps, abdominal pain, flatulence, and irregular menstruation. Asafoetida is the best remedy for stomach ulcers and white tendencies in women.
- For Digestion
Asafoetida is often used in everyday cooking, as is often the case with our digestive problems. Asafoetida is used to cure all problems associated with abdominal irritation, stomach pain, gas trouble, intestinal worms, bowel ulcers. Dissolving a little sugar and Paal Perungayam in half a glass of water can provide immediate relief from all kinds of digestive disturbances.
- For Diabetes
Excess insulin secretion in the cerebral cells is more likely to cause problems such as arthritis. Keeping the insulin secretion smoothly controlled by the Paal Perungayam will not only cure arthritis but also reduce blood sugar levels. So Asafoetida is good for sugar patients.
- Lack of Libido
Hing has become a regular ingredient in daily cooking as it helps to balance malnutrition and keep the body stable. In addition, Asafoetida acts as a sexual provocateur and stimulates sexual arousal.
- For Breathing Problem
Paal Perungayam relieves respiratory problems and helps repair the respiratory tract. Drinking Paal Perungayam with honey and ginger can also cure respiratory problems such as asthma, dry cough, and chest mucus.
- For Cancer
Studies have shown that Paal Perungayam inhibits the growth of cancer cells. Therefore, a person who has cancer may be able to control cancer to some extent by taking Asafoetida in his daily diet.
- For High Blood Pressure
Hing is great for preventing blood clotting, and it helps lower blood cholesterol, which can cause high blood pressure.
- For Nervous Disorders
Asafoetida helps maintain the function of the nervous system in humans. It is therefore used as an anesthetic in muscles and as a benefit for other neurological disorders.
- For Skin Diseases
Asafoetida has the health of nutrients and effectively carries out skincare tasks. Asafoetida is used in many skin care products available on the market. It can be applied directly to the skin for skin problems such as psoriasis.
- For Blemishes: Asafoetida is capable of destroying bacteria in the skin, removing dark spots, and giving your face a radiant and shiny appearance.
- For Pimples Treatment: Many cosmetics manufacturers use Asafoetida as a key ingredient in the manufacture of cosmetics for women, as it is effective in treating acne and its scars.
- For Digestion Issues: Asafoetida can be surprisingly effective for a variety of stomach problems, such as abdominal pain, muscle cramps, indigestion, and gas trouble.
- For Gas Problems in Babies: It is common for young children to cry at night due to gas disorders and abdominal pain. Doctors do not prescribe pills to a newborn in this case. But the Asafoetida provides excellent relief from stomach problems from children to older.
- For Fits: Asafoetida is highly recommended to cure abnormal conditions of the body such as pain, arthritis, fits, and hysteria.
- For Toothache: Asafoetida is widely used by people to quickly resolve toothaches, gums pain, tooth cavity, and many other dental problems.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.