Family : Papaveraceae
Botanical Name : Argemone mexicana
English Name : Mexican poppy
Tamil Name : பிரம்ம தண்டி விதை – Brahma dandi Vithai
Telugu Name : బ్రహ్మదండి – Brahmadandi
Hindi Name : सत्यानाशी – Satyanashi
Brahma Dandi Plant is a hairless, prickly, branching herb. This plant has yellow juice and it shows yellow flowers. This plant grows up to 1-4 ft height. The leaves of this plant are thistle-like, oblong, stem-clasping, spiny, multiple cut and the leaves have white vines. The flowers occur at the end of the branch. the flowers are a yellow color and it across 2.5-5 cm. The fruits are capsule shape.
This plant takes its roots from Texas, Mexico, and Central America. However, it is also available in other continents, such as Africa and Australia. In Australia, for instance, it has become a troublesome weed and is largely distributed in their rural areas, much especially in areas along with river systems. It bears yellow to pale orange flowers with hollow stems and it grows up to one meter in height.
Before the flowers spring to life, this plant resembles a thistle due to its prickly and toothed leaves. After the flowers are fertilized, a seed capsule that is prickly and oblong develops. Each capsule has an estimate of 400 seeds, which are all round and blackish-brown in color.
Mexican poppy grows annually, and the seed usually begins to grow in autumn and the flowers bloom from October to November. However, its period of growth also depends on its location, because its life cycle hugely depends on the availability of moisture.
Brahma Dandi Vithai Health Benefits:
- Brahma Dandi seeds are used to treat infertility.
- it is also used for Impotency.
- These seeds are good remedies for low urine output.
- It is also used for eczema.
- It is good to treat psoriasis.
- It is also used to treat ulcers.
- This seed is also used for boils.
- It is also used for worts.
- It is traditionally used to treat asthma.
- In West Africa, it is used to washing milk.
- It is also used as a homeopathic drug.
- These seeds are used to cure health ailments like pertussis, cough.
- It is also used to treat skin diseases and wounds.
- The seeds are also considered expectorant, laxative, demulcent, and emetic.
- The smoke of the seeds provides good relief from toothache.
- The extract of the seed is very helpful to warts, herpes sores, itches, skin injuries, jaundice, and dropsy.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.