Botanical Name : Acacia Concinna
English Name : Soap Pod
Tamil Name : சீயக்காய் / Siyakai / Shikakai
Hindi Name : हिकाकाई / कोची / रिघा /रीठा (रीठा ) / सातला / शिका / शिकाकाई / Hikakai/ Kochi/ Righa/ Ritha (reetha)/ Saatalaa/ Shika/ Shikakai.
Sanskrit Name : Bahuphenarasa, Bhuriphena, Charmakansa, Charmakasa, Phenila
Kannada Name : Sheegae, Shige Kayi
Marathi Name : Reetha
Malayalam Name : കമലാന്താ/കാർമലന്തല/ചികക/ചിനിക്ക/സിക്കാക്ക/സിനിക്കാ/സിവിക്ക / Carmalantala, Chikaka, Chinikka, Cikkakka, Civikka
Telugu Name : చికాయ (చీకాయ) / గోగు / శిరికాయ / సీకాయ / Chikaya (cheekaya)/ Gogu/ Shiikaya/ Siikaya
Shikakai is a herbal fruit that acts as a natural, mild conditioner with a low pH. Shikakai powder moisturizes the scalp and rejuvenates hair follicles which is an excellent herbal medicine for dandruff sufferers. If you worry about the troublesome hair that tangles easily don’t worry this works wonders at undoing knots, leaving you with a smooth finish.
Benefits of Shikakai (Soap Pod)
- Shikakai plays a significant role in hair growth and nourishment, for better results you can add vetiver as it provides a pleasant fragrance for hair.
- Shikakai powder is known for stimulating hair growth and strengthens hair follicles.
- It is very rich in protein and antioxidants and other molecules. With high nutrients, your hair can nourishment and dense.
- It cleans your hair and scalp that makes you free from dandruff. Due to the different benefits of shikakai are best to use.
How to Use
- Mix with warm water using approximately 20-30g of Shikakai powder and gently blend into a smooth paste.
- After washing your hair, apply the paste to your hair and scalp using your fingertips, ensuring all areas are covered, especially the roots.
- Leave the paste on for 15-20 minutes and wash thoroughly with warm water. If the product gets into your eyes, rinse with warm water.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herbal powders.