Other Common Names
|Botanical Name||: Cissus Quadrangularis|
|Tamil Name||: பிரண்டை / Pirandai dried|
|English Name||: Veldt Grape, Adamant creeper|
|Malayalam Name||: കാണാളംപരന്ത് / Cannalamparanta|
|Hindi Name||: हड़जोड़ / हड़जोरा / जंगली-अंगूर / Hadjod, Hadjora, Jangli-Angoor|
|Sanskrit Name||: Asthisamharaka, Asthisamhari|
|Telugu Name||: గుడమేటిగే / కొక్కిరాయా-రాలు / gudametige, Kokkitaya-ralu, Nalleru|
|Kannada Name||: Asthi Samhaara, Mangaravalli, Manimanguravalli|
|Bengali Name||: হাড়জোড়া – Hāṛajōṛā, Harbhanga, Hasjora, Hadajora|
|Gujarati Name||: Hadasankala, asthisrnkhala (અસ્થિશૃંખલા), hadasankala (હાડસાંકળ)|
Cissus Quadrangularis or Pirandai is also known as veldt grape, it is a creeper with simple leaves. It has a lot of medicinal properties so that it can be used for many health benefits. The stem of this plant is buff-colored with the greenish ting, dichotomously branched, sub-angular, glabrous, fibrous, and smooth. The main chemical constituents of this plant are present in the various part of the stem.
In traditional medicines, this veldt grape is used as the bonesetter, it will heal the fractured bones. This plant has a high rate of mineralization and an excellent amount of anti-osteoporotic that activity with osteoblast activity. Moreover, the stem of this veld grape has a high amount of calcium so that it can be used as a supplement in the case of calcium deficiency.
The stem contains main constituents like
- α and β‑amyrin
Here are some of the Health Benefits of Veld Grape mentioned below:
- Pirandai is used to treat all digestion-related problems.
- Cissus Quadrangularis is good to treat sprains and swollen joints.
- Veldt grape helps stomach disorders for children.
- It is used to maintain the blood pressure level.
- Cissus Quadrangularis can also use for heart diseases.
- Pirandai is also used to treat piles.
- Using this Cissus Quadrangularis will help to reduce body heat.
- It is the best home remedy for ear pain.
- Veldt grape is also used for menstrual problems.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and processed without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb products.