Other Common Names
|Botanical Name||: Asparagus Racemosus|
|English Name||: Satavari|
|Tamil Name||: தண்ணீர்விட்டான் கிழங்கு / Thaneervittan Kilangu|
|Hindi Name||: अधरवेल / बोझिदान/ झिरना / मूसली / नरकंट/ सदाबोरी – Adharvela/ Bojhidan/ Jhirna/ Musli/ Narkanto/ Sadabori|
|Kannada Name||: Sipariberuballi, Aheruballi|
|Malayalam Name||: ശതാവരി കിഴങ്ങു / Karalakam|
|Telugu Name||: చల్ల / చల్ల గడ్డ / చల్ల-గడ్డలు / చల్లగడ్డ / ఎర్రవాళ్లుడుతీగె / Challa/ Challa Gadda/ Challagadda/ Erravaaluduthige|
|Sanskrit Name||: Satamuli|
In Ayurveda, this herb is known as the “Queen Of Herbs” because of its love and devotional properties. Shatavari has strong healing, nourishing, and preserving effect on the excessive air, gas, dryness, and agitation in the body and mind. Shatavari is a climbing plant that grows in the low jungles area throughout India. It is also known as Shatavari and belongs to the family Asparagaceae.
The Asparagus is a common species that is found in whole over Indian and the Himalayas. The leaves of this plant is resembling pine needles and it will grow up to 2 meters in height. The flowers in this plant bloom in the month of July and August. The flowers of this plant are hermaphrodite, so it has both male and female organs, and it is pollinated by bees. The fruits of this plant are small in size and round in shape, and they turn red in color. A fruit contains 2 or 3 seeds.
In Ayurveda, this beneficial herb is known as the “Queen of Herbs” because it spreads love and devotion. Shatavari has strong healing, nourishing, and preserving effect on excessive air, gas, dryness, and agitation in the body and mind. So it is traditionally used for nervousness, anorexia, insomnia, hyperactive children, and people who are underweight.
There are some of the Health Benefits of Shatavari mentioned in below:
- This Shatavari has cooling properties, so it is very useful for gastritis treatment.
- Shatavari is also used to treat blood imbalance disorders.
- Shatavari can be used for better skin conditions.
- It also helps in the normal involution of the uterus and helps to stop bleeding in the mother, in the initial few weeks after delivery.
- It is used to treat many diseases such as the aphrodisiac effect, anti-aging effect, Asparagus racemosus.
- Because of its nutritive properties, coolant nature, anti-aging effect, Shatavari makes an excellent gym supplement.
- It helps to remove tiredness and helps to improve muscle mass.
- Shatavari helps to maintain the blood sugar level of the body.
- The extracts of dried Shatavari root helps in the treatment of reproductive and hormonal issues of women.
- Shatavari helps to enhance energy, stamina, and endurance, especially in women’s bodies.
- It has natural antioxidant properties that help to increases energy levels, immunity power, and decrease fatigue.
- Shatavari is an effective nerve tonic that is used to treat neurological disorders. It is the best remedy to treat diabetic neuropathy due to its coolant nature.
How to Consume Shatavari (Thaneervittan Kilangu)
- Morning and Evening – Take 5 gms of Shatavari powder, mix it with 100 ml of water and let it boil for some minutes. After boiling, filter them, and drink before food. Repeat the same for the evening after dinner.
- Extract of the leaf – Take the juice of leaves with the milk daily. It helps to reduce your body heat and used to treat leucorrhoea.
- To get relief from the burning sensation in the abdomen and heartburn, crush the Shatavari or tuber and extract 15-20 ml of juice from this, then mix the juice with water and drink it.
- By taking the juice of Shatavari, you can increase breast milk production.
- Tuber Extract – Take the tuber juice with honey or sugar is helps to treat menorrhagia, jaundice, leucorrhoea, and hypertension.
- Take a tuber with milk, boil them, and take it. It helps to cure diarrhea due to increased heat conditions of the body and indigestion.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested and dried without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herbal products.