Botanical Name: Rosa Damscena
English Name: Rose
Tamil Name: ரோசாப்பூ – Roja Poo
Malayalam Name: പനിനീർപൂവ് / റോസാപൂ / പനിനീർ – Panineerpoov, Rosapoo, Panineer
Telugu Name: రోజాపువ్వు – Rojapuvvu
Hindi Name: गुलाब – Gulab
Rose is a thorny and woody plant, it is the family of Rosaceae. There are hundreds of species of roses, it is a large showy flower in many different colors. The native of this rose is Asia, but it is widely grown in Northern America, Northern Africa, and European countries. The rose proved its veritable worth owing to its use in health and medicine.
Rose Petals Health Benefits:
- Roes water is an effective astringent that helps to reduce the swelling of the capillaries beneath the skin.
- Rose tea also helps in alleviating mild sore throats and bronchial infections.
- The rose tea helps to cool to body heat and it helps to reduce the fever-related rashes.
- Rose petal tea is effectively clean with the gall bladder and liver.
- Rose essential oil used along with the carrier oil like grapefruit or almond to treat various illnesses like liver problems, fatigue, hemorrhage, nausea, asthma, ulcers, bacterial infections, etc.
- It helps to improve bile secretion.
- Rosewater helps to clean the blood and soothes the mind.
- In additionally the rose water is also used to treat measles and chickenpox.
- Rose petal is also used as an eye washer.
- It is also nourishing the scalp and improve hair growth.
- It is also used to treat dry scaly skin, eczema, and dermatitis.
How to use Rose Petals:
For Normal Skin: If you have normal skin, you have to make a paste that the rose petal powder is mixed with the filtered water. Gently apply the paste in the upward motion on the face and neck. Wait for 15 minutes and wasted it with cold water.
For Dry Skin: If your skin is dry and flaking then the mask of rost petals with help to get the hydrated and moisturized on your skin. Take a tablespoon of rose petal powder and mixed with 2 tablespoons of usual milk cream. Stir it until the mixture becomes smooth. Apply the paste on your face, wait for 15 minutes, and wash your face with cold water.
For Oil Skin: If you have oily skin then you can try this mask. Mix a spoon of rose petal powder with the 2 spoons of yogurt. Stir the mixture until there are no lumps remain and apply it on your face and neck. Wait for 15 minutes and wash your face with cold water after this you can touch and feel the oil disappears from your skin.
For General use: Mix the 5 gm od rose petal powder in 100 ml water, and boil the content for a few minutes. Once the water gets warm, filter the content ad drink the water before food in the morning. Repeat the same process for the evening dosage after dinner.