Family Name – Burseraceae
Botanical Name – Commiphora Mukul
English Name – Indian Bdellium
Common Name – Commiphora, Mukul, Guggul, Balsamodendron Mukul, Indian Bdellium
Tamil Name – கருப்பு குங்கல்யம் – Karuppu Kungalyam
Hindi Name – guggul
Kannada Name – Kanthagana, Guggala
It has thorny branches with ash colored flaky bark. The flowers are in brown red with 8 – 10 stems. The fruits are drupes which are in red color when it is ripe. It has following properties which are Aromatic, Thermogenic, Expectorant, Digestive, Anthelmintic, Anti-inflammatory, Anodyne, Antiseptic ,Nervine Tonic, Demulcent, Aphrodisiac, Liver Tonic, Stimulant, Antispasmodic, Emmenagogue, Haematinic, Diuretic, Rejuvenate.
Health Benefits of Black Dried Indian Bdellium:
- It is used to heal the injury.
- It is consumed with a morsel of rice by women who recently delivered.
- It is used to reduce the enlarged glands.
- It acts as antiseptic. It is mixed with ginger, asafoetida, and sugar to make a small pill which is consumed in the early stage of tuberculosis.
- It is used for the typhoid treatment
- It is used to lower the blood pressure level
- It is effective against the painful mensuration
- Guggul is used to treat the children oral problem
- It has the antibacterial action so that it is used in the cleaning of soars
- It supports the immune system
- It is performed against skin disease and acne.
- Guggul is also used to clean the redness and swelling caused by the acne.
- The Dried Indian Bdellium gives the best result for unhealthy hair, it adds a rich amount of nutrition and helps for hair strengthening.
There are no reviews yet.