Cubeb Berries or Cubeb is a climbing perennial plant. It can grow up to 20 feet high and have dioecious flowers in spikes. It has green-colored and oval-shaped leaves with round brown colored fruits. Its Odor is aromatic, and the taste is pungent and somewhat bitter. It is commonly called cubeb, tailed pepper, and java pepper.
It has medicinal properties such as antiseptic, antiflatulent, and expectorant. The volatile oil in cubeb is the reason why it has many medicinal properties. Due to the health benefits of cubeb berries, it helps to cure various health problems.
Common Names of Cubeb Berries
English Name: Java Pepper, Tailed Pepper, cubrba
Ayurvedic Name: Cubeb Berries
Sanskrit Name: Chinorana, Kakkola
Hindi Name: Kabachini
Medicinal Properties of Cubeb Berries
Cubeb pepper has more medical and health properties.
Uses of Kabachini
Kabachini is used for bronchitis, indigestion, lung, coughs, and catarrh problem. Kakkola mainly reduces pharyngitis, hay fever, and asthma. Cubeb oil relieves urinary ailments, and tailed pepper is the best antiseptic against burning urine, colic, syphilis, leucorrhea, and chronic bladder troubles.
The cubeb berries are also used for seasoning soups, and it increases urine flow. It produces tone to the bowels and stomach. Cubeb reduces penile discharge, and joint pains relieve prostate gland abscesses.
1. Used to cure digestive and urinary tract problems.
2. It relieves gas and bloating in the digestive tract.
3. The inhaled smoke from crushed berries offers a soothing effect on certain respiratory ailments.
4. Treat the bronchitis symptoms.
5. Cubeb paste is used as a mouthwash.
6. Dried cubebs used for oral and dental diseases, loss of voice.
7. It is also used to treat fever and cough.
8. Give relief from urinary system infections.
9. Their expectorant properties cure mucus.