Other Common Names
|Botanical Name||: Coscinium Fenestratum|
|Tamil Name||: மர மஞ்சள் / Mara manjal|
|English Name||: False calumba, Yellow Vine|
|Malayalam Name||: മരമഞ്ഞൾ / Maramanjal|
|Hindi Name||: दारू हल्दी / Daru haldi|
|Telugu Name||: మను పసుపు / Manu Pasupu|
Indian-owned barberry, which is botanically known as Coscinium Fenestratum, is called “Mara Manjal” in Tamil. It is a shrub belonging to both families as it possesses the characteristics of the genus Berberidaceae and Berberis. Tuber and its powders are used in traditional medicine to ward off many diseases and to protect us from infections. The root, stem, and fruits of this shrub are also used in Ayurvedic medicine. The medicinal uses of Yellow vine are mentioned below.
- Accelerates wound healing process
- Protects against skin infections and inflammation
- Greatly assisted in curing menorrhagia
- Heals the eye infection and allergies
- Works as good medicine for people with diabetes
- Quickly heal cuts, bruises, and eruptions
- Control diarrhea, vomiting, drowsiness, and cramps
- It has anti-inflammatory properties and is the best treatment for jaundice
How to consume Coscinium Fenestratum
Mix 100gm of water with about 5gm of Coscinium Fenestratum Powder and boil it for a while and then drain the contents, drink the distilled water in the morning and evening.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.