Ratan Jot/Alkanet is used to add color to the food in India. It is a natural and original food color and makes your dish in Kashmiri red color.
Other Names of Ratan Jot/Alkanet
Tamil Name : Vembalam Pattai / வேம்பாளம் பட்டை
English Name : Alkanet
Malayalam Name : വെമ്പലം പട്ടായി / vempalaṁ paṭṭāyi
Hindi Name : वेम्बालम पट्टई / vembaalam pattee
Telugu Name : వెంబలం పట్టాయి / Vembalaṁ paṭṭāyi
Ratan jot is the root of the herb Alkanet that belongs to the family Boraginaceae. This is native to the Mediterranean region and is widely used as a dye to add color. Alkanet plant has a dark red root with a blackish appearance externally. This plant produces a bright blue color flower.
Ratan Jot root is traditionally used as a natural coloring agent that gives a signature red color to the food. This unique coloring root is not only used for color but also has several health benefits. This root is well powdered and used as a dye in many delicious dishes, giving Kashmiri red color.
Has Anti-Aging Properties
- Ratan jot is rich in antioxidants and has anti-aging properties to prevent free radical damage by applying it to our skin and hair.
- Even the oil extracted from the seeds can be used in the form of massage or in face packs, which effectively prevents premature aging of the skin.
- Due to the health benefits of ratan jot, it is the best wound healer and is used for treating cuts, scars, boils, swellings, and even serious wounds present externally.
- Because of alkanes, you can get rid of wounds and inflammations. Most of the ointments for burns are prepared using the Ratan Jot extract.
Has Antimicrobial Properties
- Vembalam pattai has been traditionally used to treat all skin and scalp-related problems, including headache, dandruff, and skin infections.
- Just mix the ratan jot with coconut oil and apply it to the scalp to get better results.
When you apply externally, it doesn’t produce any side effects, but adding a food colorant, just be careful with the amount you use. It contains pyrrolizidine alkaloids which are harmful if consumed more than a certain amount.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.