English Name : Clearing Nut
Tamil Name : தேற்றான் கொட்டை – Thetran Kottai
Malayalam Name : റ്റെട്ടാംപാറൽ / Tettamparal
Telugu Name : చిల్లగింజ / Chillachettu
Kannada Name : ಚಿಲ್ಲ / Chilla
Hindi Name : समाशोधन अखरोट , निर्मली / samaashodhan akharot, Nirmali
Gujarati Name : નિર્મલી / Nirmali
Bengali Name : নির্মলী / Nirmali
Nepali Name : निर्मली Nirmali, दमाई फल / Damaai Phal
Punjabi Name : Nirmali
Clearing Nut, native to the temperate regions of India, belongs to the botanical family of Strychnos Potadorum. This nut, which is a product of Strychnos Potadoram, is described as an excellent medicinal and ayurvedic herb and is widespread among people who think it is larger than Nux vomica. It does not contain any nodes and forks on the outer surface.
The green, oblong leaves of this plant have a sharp petiole and glabrous surface. The axis of the short corymbs is directly opposite the leaves of the plant, and the corolla hirsute to the inside. The plant is best known for its medicinal berries and is a seed in these fruits. The flowers are greenish-yellow and have a pleasant aroma. These plants are commonly grown in the Western Ghats, and Coromandel Coast. Its unique flowers are blooms only in April.
Health Benefits of Thetran Kottai
- Consumption of Thetran Kottai powder in a dosage of 3-4 gm is helpful to indigestion and diarrhea.
- The 40-50 ml decoction of the Clearing nuts is aided to treat renal calculi and difficulty in micturition.
- The Thetran kottai decoction is an effective medicine utilized to treat cases of poisoning.
- The distilled water prepared by these nuts helps to cure Curcuma longa, and it assists to control the blood sugar level.
- Also, the powder made by clearing nuts by crashing it is used to treat rhinitis, jaundice, and swelling due to anemia.
- Clearing nut is the natural and effective blood purifying agent.
- Most of the village people used the seeds of Strychnos Potatorum fruits to treat eye-related disorders.
- The powder made by its berries is also used to treat external wounds.
- It is also used to protect the skin from getting damaged.
How to Apply Thetran Kottai Externally
- The seeds are well ground and blended with an appropriate amount of honey and used to treat all problems such as wounds, scars, skin itching, and skin rashes.
- The paste made from Thetran kottai is used to treat various eye diseases and its seeds are used as collyrium.
- The root paste of Thetran kottai can be used on the skin area for problems such as itching, redness, rashes, and rashes.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.