Tamil Name : குரோசாணி ஓமம் / Khurosani Omam
English Name : Khurosani Ajowan Seeds
Malayalam Name : അയമോദകം / Ayamodakam
Hindi Name : नखुरासानी अजवाय / Khurasanee Ajvayan
Telugu Name : అజుమోద / వాము / Ajumoda, Vamu
Khurosani Ajowan, which has the botanical name Trachyspermum Roxburghianum, is an annual herb that belongs to the Apiaceae family. Originally native to India and Pakistan, this beneficial herb has many medicinal properties. Both the leaves and the fruits of the plant Khurosani Ajowan are consumed by humans as food and medicine.
This plant is also widely known as the bishop’s weed used for livestock feed. The small fruits produced by this herb have a pale brown color and oval shape structure. Its texture resembles Caraway and Cumin, but its taste is slightly bitter and more intense than anise and oregano.
They are also more aromatic and less flavorsome, as they also have the properties of Thymol. As well as slightly bitter and harsh. In traditional Ayurvedic medicine, Ajowan (Omam) is used as a medicinal plant.
General Health Benefits
- It helps control libido, which can trigger sexual desire.
- Provides relief from rheumatism, rheumatoid arthritis.
- The parasitic worm, which is harmful to the digestive organs, helps to destroy the worm.
- Ajowan acts as an effective pain reliever to relieve muscle spasms.
- Cures gastrointestinal disorders, asthma, incontinence, and muscle spasms.
- It prevents the growth of the microbes that cause the disease and increases the body’s immunity.
- Ajowan is an excellent herbal remedy for preventing indigestion and gas disorders.
- The distilled water of Ajowan seeds can cure the body’s various problems and increase appetite.
Special Health Benefits of Khurosani Ajowan (Omam)
The inhalation of smoke emanating from the Ajowan is a cure for bronchial problems and simplifies breathing. Also, using Ajowan can relieve alcohol and drug addicts.
Instant Remedy for Stomach Ache
Ajowan has very mild alcohol properties and can be used as an immediate remedy for abdominal pain. It also cures migraines, common headaches, colds, and coughs.
Ajowan helps to dissolve kidney stones and helps in urinating without pain. It is also used to treat people with diabetes.
Ajowan helps to reduce the risk of bacterial infection in the stomach and gastrointestinal tract. Because of the health benefits of Ajowan, it is recommended as an appropriate medicine for cholera patients.
Reduces Gas & Flatulence
Ajowan has great antioxidant properties and makes it an excellent herbal remedy for flatulence, gas trouble, and indigestion. Its distilled water has an appetizer.
Ajowan is a natural laxative that accelerates bowel movement. Because of this process, unwanted fat dissolves in the body. Taking Ajowan regularly can help you to control obesity.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.