No products in the cart.
Basil Leaf Powder / Thulasi Ilai Podi – 50g
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
2 orders in last 24 hours.
Tamil: Thulasi – துளசி
Thulasi is one of the sacred plants in India, so many people grow this plant in their house. It contains many effective medicinal properties to treat various diseases. It helps to promote your health and strengthens your body.
Worlds Largest Ayurvedic Store
Order authentic Indian Siddha, Ayurvedic and herbal products online.
Next Day Shipping- Worldwide- All countries
We ship all items within 24 to 72 hours. We use DHL, Indiapost & other popular courier partners.
SSL Enabled Secure Checkout
Botanical Name : Ocimum Tenuiflorum
Tamil Name : துளசி / Thulasi
Malayalam Name : ബേസിൽ ലീഫ് പൊടി / kunnakam, nalla-tirtta, nalla-tuttuva
Hindi Name : तुलसी का पत्ता पाउडर / baranda, kala tulasi, kala-tulasi, kalatulsi, tulsi
Telugu Name : బాసిల్ లీఫ్ పౌడర్ / brynda, gaggera, gaggera-chettu,
The purple-hued tulsi is called Krishna Tulsi (Karundhulasi) in India. It has antibiotic, anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-carcinogenic properties. This Thulasi powder is used for skin disorders fever cold stress and digestion problems.
Tulsi, commonly known as “Basil” in India, is a leafy herb belonging to the mint family. The Holy Basil is the most sacred of all herbs found in India and hence it is called “Queen of Herbs”. This sacred plant is grown in every Indian home and is very culturally preserved.
Tulsi has been used in India for almost 5000 years in daily living, medicine, and food and is widely praised for its healing properties of body, mind, and spirit. Tulsi has been popular in South Asian countries for centuries and is now popular in the West because of its medicinal properties.
- It works as a detoxifying, cleansing, and purifying agent.
- It is good for skin in both ways when consumed and applied topically.
- It is great for treating skin disorders, itching, and issues like ringworms.
- It contains antibiotic, anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-carcinogenic properties.
- It helps to get relief from fever, headache, sore throat, cold, cough, flu, and chest congestion.
- It is also helpful in treating respiratory ailments like chronic bronchitis, asthma et cetera.
- It relieves stress, strengthens immunity, and facilitates proper digestion.
- It contains phytonutrients, essential oils, vitamins A, and C.
- In regular consumption, it assists in balancing various body processes.
- It is a good supplement for diabetics as it regulates blood sugar levels.
- Tulsi extract helps to reduce the risk of kidney stones by regulating uric acid levels in the body.
- Tulsi helps to maintain normal levels of a stress hormone called cortisol in the body which directly prevents the harmful effects of free radicals.
- It helps the health of the teeth and the strength of the gums.
- Medicinal aroma derived from basil acts as an excellent insect repellent and its juice helps in treating insect bites.
- It is beneficial in treating swine flu, malaria, hepatitis, dengue, tuberculosis, etc.
How to Consume
Take five gms of powder with 100 ml of water and boil them for some minutes. After the water getting warm, filter them, and drink before food.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herbal powders.