Other Common Names
|Botanical Name||: Curcuma zedoaria|
|Common Name||: Zedoary, Yellow Zedoary, White turmeric|
|Tamil Name||: கிச்சிலிகிழங்கு, பூலங்கிழங்கு / Kichili Kilangu, Poolankilangu|
|Hindi Name||: बन हल्दी, बन हरिद्रा, जंगली हल्दी / Ban haldi, Ban haridra, Jangli haldi|
|Kannada Name||: Kachora|
|Malayalam Name||: കേഹീഹോലം, കാച്ചുരിക്കിഴന്ന, പുളകിഴന്ന / Kaeheholam, Kachchurikizhanna, Pulakizhanna|
|Telugu Name||: కచోరము, కిచిలీ గడ్డ / Kachoramu, Kichili Gadda|
Curcuma zedoaria is a perennial herb that comes under the genus Curcuma, the family Zingiberaceae. This herbal plant is native to South and Southeast Asia, and now it is spread in other places. This ancient herbal spice is related to turmeric. In the sixth century, this was introduced as an excellent spice to Europe by Arab traders. The rhizome is large, thin-skinned, hard from the inside, and tuberous with numerous branches.
This rhizome has close contact with turmeric and ginger because it looks like turmeric and taste like ginger. The smell of the zedoaria is similar to mango and turmeric. In Indonesia, it is used to prepare white curry pastes, while in India, it is used fresh or in pickling. It is also used raw in certain Thai salads.
The Indian Ayurvedic system of medicine described these species as having severe, bitter, strong, and healing properties. It is an ingredient of traditional Tibetan medicine, traditional Chinese medicine, and Unani medicine. The rhizome powder and the coffee water produced there are used for various treatments.
- Zedoary paste is used for inflammation, wounds, skin ailments, and pain as it possesses anti-inflammatory properties.
- The herb acts as a body stimulant and purifies the blood.
- It is excellent in treating respiratory disorders, tones up the uterus and works as an aphrodisiac agent.
- Zedoary enhances digestion, liver condition, and normalizes body temperature.
- The herb powder helps in regularizing menstruation.
- Herb in the juice form consumed to treat urine-related disorders and urinary tract infections.
- Zedoary is used as a gastrointestinal stimulant in flatulent colic and stops stress ulceration as well.
- It helps in curing dyspepsia, colic, vomiting, and cough.
- The herb proves its ability in treating abdominal cramps, amenorrhea-abdominal pain, and rheumatic pain. It is also used in anti-periodic pills.
- Zedoary is used as an anti-venom for the Indian Cobra.
Due to the different health benefits of Zedoary is best to incorporate it into the daily diet.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.
100% worthy and original product.
Calm my mind while consumed as spicy tea……
Value for money
Poolankilangu is a wonderful product.
Manikanda Nadar –
Serves the purpose .