Tamil Name : சருக்கரை பாதாமி
Hindi Name : सूखी खुबानी / sookhee khubaanee
Malayalam Name : ഉണങ്ങിയ ആപ്രിക്കോട്ട് / uṇaṅṅiya āprikkēāṭṭ
Telugu Name : ఎండిన నేరేడు పండు / Eṇḍina nērēḍu paṇḍu
Dried apricots are prepared by drying apricot fruits. It has a high nutritive value. In dried apricots, the water content in them is evaporated without reducing that nutrient value.
Dried apricots are good energy sources and are rich in potassium, fiber, iron, and vitamins A, C, and E. One cup of dried apricot gives 313 calories for your health.
It contains high-quality fiber, which helps to treat constipation. Antioxidants such as lutein and zeaxanthin are the main sources that help to improve your eye health.
Nutritional value of Dried Apricot
- 241 of calories
- 3 g of fiber
- 71 mg of phosphorus
- 2 mcg of selenium
- 180 mcg of vitamin A
- 1 mg of vitamin C
- 10 mcg of folate
- 1160 mg of potassium
- 55 mg of calcium
- 3 mg of iron
- 32 mg of magnesium
- 4 g of protein
- 5 g of fat
- 63 g of carbohydrates
- Dried apricots are a rich source of iron that fights against anemia.
- They also have cellulose that is a mild laxative and cures constipation.
- Intake of dried apricots before a meal helps to enhance digestion. The alkali in it neutralizes the acids and aids in digestion.
- Juice prepared from dried apricot is given to treat itching due to sunburn, eczema, and scabies.
- It gives you relief from earaches.
- Dried apricots can reduce fever.
- It also rectifies your skin diseases and provides you a healthy skin.
Dried Apricots are very healthy and will not produce any side effects. It can be eaten by all age groups of people and is beneficial even for pregnant women.
Harvesting & Manufacturing methods
All our herbs are 100% natural that is harvested and dried manually to provide the freshness of the herb. It is pulverized without chemical interactions and is very safe to use.