Tamil name – கொய்யா பழம்/ Koyyā paḻam
Malayalam name – പെരൈക്ക/ peraikka
Hindi name – अमरूद/ amarood
Telugu name – జమ/ Jama
Dried Guava is a tropical fruit. It is also known as Amarood, Peraykka, Koyya Pazham, Sibehaṇṇinakarada, Jama. It’s native to Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean, and northern South America. Dried Guava is a peculiar fruit that is lightly sweetened with sucrose. Guavas are a rich source of dietary fiber. It helps to prevent constipation. Guava can provide 12% of fiber.
Dried Guava is an essential ingredient in Chinese and American cuisine. Also, it has a rich content of Vitamin C and Fiber. Moreover, it has added the nutrition values of Protein and Vitamin E.
Dried guava is healthy and tasty snack so you can easily carry it to enjoy your outdoor planning. It also gives in rich nutrition party snacks.
- Guavas are weight-loss-friendly food. Dried Guava can improve blood sugar control in people with diabetes.
- The high levels of potassium and soluble fiber in guavas are also contributing to improving heart health.
- Guavas are one of the most abundant food sources of Vitamin C. One Guava is almost twice the amount you would get from eating an orange.
- It plays an essential role in maintaining a healthy immune system, and maintaining adequate levels of this vitamin is necessary for protection against illness and infections.
- Dried guava helps to reduce thyroid issues.
- Dried guava improves eye health and gives sharper vision.
- It can fight against prostate and breast cancer.