Botanical Name : Bombax Ceiba
English Name : Silk Cotton Tree Gum
Tamil Name : இலவம் பிசின் / Ilavam Pisin
Hindi Name : शाल्मली / सेमल /Semal / Shalmali
Malayalam Name : ഉന്നമുറിക / Unnamurika
Telugu Name : బూరుగు / Buruga
Silk Cotton Tree is a fast-growing Indian cotton tree. The tree can reach a height of about 2 to 3 meters and a height of 30 m during its lifetime. It grows large red flowers by itself. Usually, from January to March, the plant produces such beautiful red flowers. For the particular three months from January to March, all the terrain in these trees is enchanting red.
Each fruit of this tree, which matures in March and April, can be as large as a ping-pong ball. Silk cotton is fiber-like, like ordinary cotton. The larvae of some Lepidoptera species use these Bombax species as special feeding plants, including the leaf-miner Bucculatrix Crateracma which feeds exclusively on Bombax ceiba.
- Ilavam Pisin helps in the treatment of erectile dysfunction in men.
- Silk Cotton Tree Gum also treats night emission and ejaculation problems.
- Bombax Ceiba has been used since ancient times as the most effective herbal remedy for blood purification.
- The resin from the silk cotton tree is terrifying in its treatment of Leucorrhoea.
- To prevent excessive bleeding during menstruation in women, the Ilavam Resin is used. Abdominal pain is controlled through this.
- Bombax Ceiba Resin is used to improve breastfeeding for young mothers and promote the development of confusion.
- They provide good remedies for colds, coughs, and weaknesses.
- They are very effective in alleviating acne, scarring, skin blemishes, and pigmentation problems.
- It also helps you to ease the pain of piles.
All the parts of this plant are used for medicinal purposes and have separate health benefits.
- The stem bark powder can solve heat-type bleeding as well as dysentery with blood. You can take about 5-10 grams of this powder to control bleeding. You can also make this powder into paste and apply it to the acne, boils, and eruptions. It corrects skin problems more effectively.
- The root bark powder is used as an aphrodisiac in Ayurvedic medicine. Mix 3-5 grams of this powder with milk and have it before going to bed. This will rectify your sexual problems.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.