Botanical Name : Prosopis Juliflora
Tamil Name : கருவேலம் பிசின் / Karuvelam Pisin
English Name : Mesquite Tree Gum / Arabic gum
Hindi Name : बाबुल / कीकर / Babul, Kikar
Malayalam Name : കരിവേലം / കരുവേലും / Karivelan, Karuvelum
Telugu Name : నల్లతుమ్మ / తుమ్మ / తుమ / Nallatumma, Tumma, Tuma
A Mesquite Tree with the botanical name Prosopis Juliflora is capable of growing up to 12 meters tall. The trunk has a diameter of 1.2 meters to withstand all conditions. Its leaves are pale green, mixed with deciduous, bi-pinnate, and 12 to 20 leaflets. Its flowers appear after leaf growth.
Mesquite is a generic name for a variety of plants in the genus Prosopis, it usually consists of more than 40 small legume trees. Except for the creeping mesquite (native to Argentina) in this species, all the rest are native to the Southwestern United States, Mexico, and South America. Prosopis Juliflora grows in large numbers in the Tamaulipas Mezquital ecosystems of the xeric shrublands biome and desert regions of northeastern Mexico, and South America.
The flowers are 5 cm to 10 cm long, with slightly different greenish-yellow cylindrical spikes. 2 to 5 of these beautiful flowers bloom in clusters at the ends of branches. The palms of this tree are 20 to 30 cm long, consisting of 10 to 30 seeds per pod.
A mature tree is capable of producing hundreds of thousands of seeds, and these seeds can survive up to 10 years. The tree reproduces via seeds rather than vegetatively. These seeds are spread by livestock and other animals.
Mesquite, the main source of nitrogen, is rich in minerals such as zinc, potassium, lysine, iron, manganese, and protein. Studies show that they contain essential minerals, such as potassium and electrolytes, which can help prevent diseases such as high blood pressure and stroke, as well as increase bone density.
Prosopis Juliflora’s root, stem, leaf, bark, flower, and resin all have medicinal properties and have the potential to cure a variety of ailments in our body. Here’s a look at some of the medicinal and health benefits of the Mesquite plant.
Some of the health benefits of Mesquite tree gum is given below;
- Mesquite Tree Gum is used extensively to cure Leucorrhoea, Nightfall, and Pneumonia.
- Men can get various benefits from consuming Karuvelam Pisin. That is, major problems such as loss of viscosity, spermatorrhoea, premature ejaculation, and frequent nocturnal problems are cured.
- It strengthens teeth and gums, reduces gingivitis, and provides protection against any problems with your teeth.
- The resin from Mesquite Tree carries antimicrobial activities that reduce oral problems.
- This greatly reduces the incidence of plague, which is one of the biggest infectious diseases.
- Mesquite Tree Gum is recommended to treat eye infections, redness of the eyes, gum inflammation, and tooth decay.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.