Amukkara Chooranam is the traditional Siddha medicine made of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera). Amukkara is the Siddha name of Ashwagandha which is commonly known as Indian ginseng.
Ashwagandha / Amukkara Chooranam provides natural treatment for infections, low energy, exhaustion, cold, and flu. It is known as a very powerful anti-stress agent and helps to relieve mental, physical, and emotional stress. It is an adaptogen that restores and builds energy and helps to prevent ailments.
Ingredients in Amukkara Chooranam
- Elettaria Cardamomum (Elam/Cardamom)
- Zingiber Officinale (Dried Ginger)
- Withania Somnifera (Amukkara Kilangu / Ashwagandha)
- Piper Nigrum (Milagu/Black pepper)
- Mesua Ferrea (Sirunagappoo/Cinnamon)
- Syzygium Aromaticum (Kirambu/Lavangam/Clove)
- Piper Longum (Thippili/Long pepper)
- Cane Sugar (Sarkarai)
Indications of Amukkara Chooranam
The health ailments that are possibly cured by Amukkara chooranam are as follows.
- Strengthens your body
- Splenomegaly (Spleen enlargement)
- Stabilize energy
- Cures the cough which causes by weakness of the lungs or lung disease
- General weakness or debility
Benefits of Amukkara Chooranam
Withania Somnifera (Amukkara Kilangu / Ashwagandha)
- Eases inflammation and pain.
- Treats insomnia and sleep disorders.
- Boosts nutrition, energy, and stamina.
- Increases muscle mass and bone mass.
- Reduce cortisol levels and increases testosterone levels.
- Increases sperm motility, count, and quality.
Dosage for Amukkara Chooranam
- Take 1-2 g of Amukkara Chooranam with honey, ghee, or milk 2-3 times a day before/after the food.
- Ashwagandha with warm milk called Moon milk in Ayurveda is recommended to get better sleep.
- Ashwagandha choornam with hot water can also be consumed for stress relief, strain, and tiredness.
- Consider your doctor’s advice before taking this medicine along with the other western medicines because some Ayurvedic medicine can interact with modern medicines.
- If you need to take both the Ayurvedic and allopathic medicines together, first, you should take the allopathic medicine. After the 30 minutes gap, you can take Ayurvedic medicine or as directed by a physician.
- You can take this medicine with Homeopathic medicine because it doesn’t react with the Homeopathic medicine. Still, it is better to consult your healthcare provider to know the right dosage and time of consumption to take advantage of the ashwagandha herb supplement.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding mothers should avoid new supplementary and medicine during the time. Stick to your doctor’s advice to avoid risks.