|Botanical Name||: Prunus Amygdalus|
|English Name||: Almond Gum
|Tamil Name||: பாதாம் பிசின் / Badam Pisin|
|Malayalam Name||: ബദാം ട്രീ ഗം / Badam Gondh|
|Hindi Name||: बादाम का पेड़ गोंद / Gondh|
|Telugu Name||: బాదం ట్రీ గమ్|
Almonds are nutritious trees. Almond Gum is a natural gum extracted from the sweet almond tree (botanically called Prunus Amygdalus). This edible Badam gum or Badam pisin is either white or brown in color and has emulsifying, cooling, adhesive, thickening, and glazing properties.
Many mistakenly refer to it as an Indian almond, but it is native to Iran.
- The tree trunk is about 13 feet to 33 feet high and 30 cm in diameter.
- The green leaves are with petioles 3-5 inches long.
- The flowers are white and pale pink with five petals 1 to 2 inches in diameter.
Almonds, which appear in early spring, are healthy and are the most widely cultivated seeds (or nuts). Within the genus Prunus, It is classified with the peach in the subgenus Amygdalus, distinguished from the other subgenera by corrugations on the shell (endocarp) surrounding the seed.
Health Benefits of Almond Gum
- Due to the various health benefits of badam pisin, it is widely eaten as a healthy snack in many countries.
- Almond gum has excellent cooling properties, which greatly reduce body heat and keep the body steady.
- The gum helps to calm the stomach irritation caused by an improper diet.
- The badam gum reduces the burning sensation in the stomach and helps to heal stomach ulcers.
- This tree gum is good medicine for those suffering from persistent diarrhea.
- Almond gum contains medicinal properties that reduce unwanted cholesterol in the body.
- This badam pisin is provided as food for pregnant women to nourish them, strengthen their bones, and increase their strength.
- Almond gum is suitable for children as it is natural and free from artificial color and taste.
- It’s a good source of protein and helpful in boosting male vitality, gaining muscle, and increasing body weight.
- Rather than buying synthetic jellies for children, almond gums can be served as a natural beverage mixed with ice cream or milk.
How to consume
- Mix Badam gum and milk (or Rose Milk), sugar, and drink it to increase body weight.
- Make an almond gum sweet ball (laddu) for healthy snacking, it has essential nutrients and nourishes women in the postpartum period.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the quality and values.
There are no side effects in using this product, however, taking medical advice from doctors is important during pregnancy.
Mohammed Abdul Rahman –
This almond gum is very clean and good quality. I loved it…
Price is very reasonable
Mukesh Leve –
It’s good and fine pieces of products.
Good product and timely delivery