Botanical Name : Coleus Aromaticos
Tamil Name : கற்பூரவல்லி / Karpooravalli
English Name : Ajwain Leaf / Cuban Oregano / Indian borage
Hindi Name : पथरचूर / पट्टा अजवाईन | Patherchur / Patta ajwain
Malayalam Name : പനിക്കൂർക്ക / Panikkurkka
Kannada Name : Oddapatre Soppu, Saviara sambara
Telugu Name : వాము ఆకూ / సుగంధవల్కమ్ | Vaamu Aku / Sugandhavalkam
Ajwain is a herb with the botanical name Coleus Aromaticos. This herbal plant has numerous medicinal uses and healthcare benefits. These shrub-like plants can be easily grown not only in the ground but also in the pots. Karpooravalli plants are widespread in all areas where sunlight is high because they do not require much water and maintenance. These plants have been utilized since ancient times to cure diseases in their bodies, from children to seniors. It is noteworthy that in Ayurveda medicine its leaves are used to make various medicines.
- Ajwain leaves give instant relief to stomach aches and improve the digestion process. For those people with indigestion problems, consuming a small quantity of ajwain leaves powder along with their food gives better relief.
- It is also the best medicine that treats flatulence, gas, acidity, and increases appetite.
- Ajwain leaves powder is used in the treatment of asthma. Inhaling the smoke of Ajwain gives relief from asthma. Otherwise, consume Ajwain leaves with jaggery twice a day.
- Ajwain leaves cure the common cold, cough, headaches, migraines, hiccups, mouth ulcers, and skin infections. It also treats chest congestion in infants.
How to Use
- Mix a few grams of ajwain leaf powder with 100 ml water, boil it for a few minutes. While the water gets warm, filter it and drink it twice a day before having food.
- Sprinkle it over the food items.
- Inhale the vapor by boiling ajwain leaf powder to get relief from congestion.
- Use it as a mosquito repellant.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herbal powders.