Botanical Name : Caesalpinia Sappan
Tamil Name : பதிமுகம் / Padhimugam
English Name : Sappan Wood
Sappan Wood is a small thorn tree belonging to the botanical family Caesalpinia Sappan. The plant can grow from about 6 m to 9 m tall, and its trunk is 15 cm to 25 cm in diameter. Thorns are found on the side branches of the plant, in addition to some thorns throughout the stem. The thorns are also found at the base of the stem.
Yellow flowers panicle on leaf axils and end of branches. Flowers up to 2 cm to 3 cm in length have a good aroma, and their waxy-white pollen facilitates coexistence. The plant consists of 3-4 seeds with short stems that are shortened and hardened.
Health Benefits of Sappan Wood (Padhimugam)
- Sappan Wood is utilized as a water purifier
- Padhimugam is the best remedy for piles and bleeding
- It helps to control blood pressure
- Used to control unwanted fat in the body
- Sappan Wood is good to treat indigestion and digestive disorders
- This is very helpful in diabetes patient to regulate glucose levels
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.