100% Pure & Natural Fennel Seeds / Foeniculum Vulgare / Whole Indian Spices / Peruncirakam
Botanical Name: Foeniculum Vulgare Origin: India The fennel seeds are rich in vitamins, fiber, essential oils, antioxidants, and nutrients that provide a healthy body. It is very effective in treating many digestive problems such as heartburn, bloating, flatulence, and colic in kids.
Other Common Names
|: Foeniculum Vulgare
|: Fennel seeds
|: பெருஞ்சீரகம் விதைகள் / Peruncirakam
|: सौंफ के बीज / saumph ke beej
|: പെരും ജീരകം/peruṁ jīrakaṁ
|: సోపు గింజలు/Sōpu gin̄jalu
Fennel, a family of Foeniculum Vulgare, is native to Southern Europe. The plant is now widely cultivated in India, China, Europe, Turkey, and the Middle East for its taste and medicinal properties. This perennial herb grows to a height of about 2 meters, and the young leaves are light green, and the mature leaves dark green. The umbrella-like structure of the plant bears golden-yellow flowers.
Typically, the seeds of this plant, known as fennel, are harvested when they turn pale-brown. The seeds, which are about 3 mm to 4 mm long, have a slightly curved and elongated shape and are similar in appearance to anise seeds. The vertical stripes on each of their seeds are visible on their surface. Since fennel is an annual plant, these are available in the market in seed or processed powder form.
Despite the availability of processed powders, most people buy whole fennel seeds because people think that they can be contaminated with chemical powders to make them get more profit and avoid outdated issues. Like other spices, fennel seeds can be dried in the sun and stored in an airtight container. Or the seeds can be finely ground and stored in airtight containers and stored in non-humid places.
The essential oil in this spice is rapidly evaporating, so its flavor is quickly lost, so it is not best to use it for long periods of time. Fennel contains a variety of beneficial antioxidants, nutrients, fiber, essential compounds, and vitamins. In addition, they contain essential oil compounds that are healthy for the body, such as limonene, anethole, anisic aldehyde, fenchone, pinene, myrcene, cineole, and chavicol.
Studies have shown that they all have anti-carminative, digestive, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties. In addition, the seeds contain essential vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, and B-complex vitamins such as pyridoxine, niacin, riboflavin, and thiamin.
Fennel is used as a spice in seed food and as a flavoring in coffee and is highly recommended for young mothers to increase breast milk. Fennel is used as a medicine to eliminate digestive disorders and relieve colic. Oil derived from fennel seeds is used to cure bronchitis, coughing, and joint pains.
- The fennel seeds contain essential volatile oil, and the goodness of oil helps to induce the secretion of enzymes and digestive juice, and it helps in the digestion process.
- The fennel seeds are effective in treating many digestive problems such as heartburn, bloating, flatulence, and colic in kids.
- Fennel seed is an effective remedy to treat inflammation in the stomach.
- The powdered form of fennel seeds is mainly used in treating gastric problems.
- Studies have shown that Fennel Seeds have medicinal properties such as anti-carminative, digestive, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties.
- According to many studies, fennel seeds protect your vision. It helps to decrease the pressure of the eye and increases the risk of cataracts and blindness.
- Fennel seeds powder acts as an effective laxative, and it is a great remedy for abdominal cramps, gastrointestinal maladies, constipation, and irritable bowel symptoms.
- Fennel contains numerous dietary fiber that helps to stimulate intestinal functions by increasing bile secretion and manages peristaltic movements.
- Fennel seeds contain huge amounts of phytonutrients that help to cure the symptoms of asthma and clear the stuffed sinuses.
|1% of the RDI
|5% of the RDI
|6% of the RDI
|5% of the RDI
|2% of the RDI
|17% of the RDI
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.