English Name : Ceylon Cinnamon
Botanical Name : Cinnamomum Verum
Tamil Name : இலங்கை இலவங்கப்பட்டை/ Ilankai ilavankappaṭṭai
Hindi Name : सीलोन दालचीनी/ seelon daalacheenee
Telugu Name : సిలోన్ దాల్చిన చెక్క/ Silon dalcina cekka
Malayalam Name : സിലോൺ കറുവപ്പട്ട/ sileaṇ kaṟuvappaṭṭa
Kannada Name : ಸಿಲೋನ್ ದಾಲ್ಚಿನ್ನಿ/ Silon dalcinni
Ceylon cinnamon, belonging to the botanical family of Cinnamomum Verum, has been used as a natural flavoring agent in many countries. There are many varieties of cinnamon. Ceylon Cinnamon is commonly known as Cinnamon Zeylanicum. Because of its uniqueness and medicinal properties, these are called “Real Cinnamon” or “True Cinnamon“.
This plant native to Sri Lanka has many health benefits and is used as a protection. Over time, these are cultivated by developing countries such as Madagascar, India, the Caribbean, and Brazil. It is not only used as one of the traditional spices for flavoring but also as a traditional remedy.
Ceylon Cinnamon is initially cultivated in Ceylon as it has medicinal properties in important minerals such as manganese. It is also considered an excellent source of iron, fiber, and calcium. Ceylon cinnamon is very thin in appearance so it is added to the line of paper-type strips. These cylindrical bands are hard to see, but they are easily brittle.
Due to the various health benefits of cinnamon, it is widely used all over the world.
- Ceylon cinnamon has some medicinal properties such as anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antimicrobial, which help to supports the immune system.
- This sort of cinnamon does an antioxidant enzyme effect that can be used to treat a specific type of cancer.
- The anti-inflammatory property of the herb helps static blood flow and reduces the blood pressure level.
- Ceylon cinnamon supports healthy cardiovascular function and contributes to flawless heart function.
- It helps to control the glucose levels in the blood and it provides strength to the nerve system of the body.
- It acts as an anti-bacterial and anti-fungal agent and prevents infection in the body.
- Ceylon cinnamon reduces unwanted cholesterol in the body and improves food digestion.
- It enhances memory by effectively protecting the nerves that go to the brain. It heals gastric ulcers and wounds on the outside of the body quickly.
There are no side effects of using this product, but you have to consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb powders.