No products in the cart.
Dried Calamus Root(100 g)
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Tamil Name : வசம்பு – Vasambu
India's Largest Ayurvedic Store
We have 1000s of ayurvedic and siddha products for sale. We cater to over 100,000 customers every month.
Fast Shipping- [ALERT]- Covid-19 Delay
All orders are shipped in 1-3 business days. *Due to Covid-`19, shipping may be delayed. We will get in touch with you if there is a delay in shipping. We ship around the world using India post, DHL, Fedex.
SSL Enabled Secure Checkout
Botanical Name : Acorus calamus
English Name : Sweet flags, Calamus
Tamil Name : வசம்பு – Vashambu
Malayalam Name : വയമ്പു – Vayambu
Hindi Name : गोरा बाख – Gora bach
Dried Calamus Root common names are calamus, sweet flags, Acorus, Vacha, and sweet calamus. Vasambu is a Tamil name for dried calamus root which is one of the well-known natural and medicinal herb commonly used for infants and babies for kinds of problems.
In English, it is called Sweet Flag. It helps mothers to grow their infants and children without illness so it is also known as ‘Pillai Valarpan’ or ‘Pillai Marunthu’ in Tamil Nadu. It is also called Malabar Nut. Vasambu root contains many medicinal properties.
Medicinal Properties Of Calamus
- Calamus aroma makes the brain and nervous system rejuvenate. The root of the plant is an appetite suppressant and is used to treat bronchitis and sinusitis.
- It helps to reduce stomach acidity to some extent. It is widely used to treat arthritis, epilepsy, cancer, dyspepsia, epilepsy, and diarrhea.
- It is a homeopathic remedy taken from the roots of the plant to treat flatulence, dyspepsia, anorexia, and gallbladder disorders.
- Because of its aroma, calamus is used to make essential oils in the fragrance industry, which is highly valued and regarded by people.
- Vasambu used for acid reflux, constipation, indigestion, and stomach problems.
- Vasambu used for babies and Infants in the preparation of kajal | Vasambu Pottu and it makes baby speak earlier.
- Vasambu used for Bedbug and insects.
- Vasambu used for Cold and Cough.
- Vasambu used for dandruff lice and hair growth.
- Vasambu used in face care, skincare, and unwanted hair removal.
How to Consume Calamus
- Morning – Take five gms of vasambu powder with 100 ml of water and boil them for some minutes. After the water getting warm, filter them and drink it before food. Repeat this same for Evening after dinner.
- Mix the vasambu paste with honey and give that to the baby. It is an effective remedy for loose motions.
- The vasambu root beads are tied like a bangle that is used to babies. It cures indigestion and vomiting problems when the babies smell the roots. Moreover, the smell of the vasambu helps the babies to speak earlier and cures speechless problems.
- Mix the vasambu powder with turmeric powder and apply them to your face that cures pimple problems.
- Applying vasambu paste will treat dandruff in Ayurvedic.
- Burn the vasambu until it turns black in color, then swipe it in water, and make a paste-like consistency of kajal. Apply this as bindi on cheeks, foreheads, and feet. By apply this paste to the baby’s navel, relieves stomach problems.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested and dried without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb products.