Cissus Quadrangularis is a creeper plant with various medicinal properties and health benefits, it is called Pirandai in Tamil, Veldt Grape, Devil’s Back Bone, and Adamant Creeper in English. It grows up to 1.5 m tall and also has the botanical name Cissus Quadrangularis. The plant Cissus Quadrangularis possesses quadrangular-sectioned branches, 8 to 10 cm long and 1.2 to 1.5 cm wide. The margin of the skin is at every angle of the branches with these bipeds. The ends of the trilobed leaves have a 2 to 5 cm wide-tooth structure. It also has racemes of small white, yellow or green flowers. Veldt Grape Powder possesses a lot of medicinal value and health benefits.
Vernacular Names of Veldt Grape
|Botanical Name||: Cissus Quadrangularis|
|Tamil Name||: பிரண்டை / Pirandai Powder|
|English Name||: Veldt Grape Powder|
|Malayalam Name||: കാണാളംപരന്ത് / Cannalamparanta, Sannalampiranta|
|Hindi Name||: हड़जोड़ / हड़जोरा / जंगली-अंगूर / Hadjod, Hadjora, Jangli-Angoor|
|Sanskrit Name||: Asthisamharaka, Asthisamhari|
|Telugu Name||: గుడమేటిగే / కొక్కిరాయా-రాలు / gudametige, Kokkitaya-ralu, Nalleru|
|Kannada Name||: Asthi Samhaara, Mangaravalli, Manimanguravalli|
Health Benefits of Veldt Grape Powder
- Cissus Quadrangularis is used to treat all digestive disorders such as indigestion, loss of appetite, gastritis, and bowel cancer.
- The important health benefits of hadjod are treating stomach problems and digestive problems in children, and it is good to add them to children’s diet regularly.
- Treats diabetic and hemorrhagic hemorrhoids, and if used regularly, better results can be seen within 7 to 10 days.
- Veldt Grape powder cures inflammation of the joints, sprains of the hands and feet, wounds, and cures minor fracture problems.
- Pirandai treats menstrual problems such as muscle cramps, abdominal pain, and excessive bleeding.
- Frequent use of this Veldt Grape powder can treat high blood pressure, low blood pressure, cholesterol, heart disease, etc.
How to Consume
- Mix a few grams of powder in a cup of water, and boil the content for a few minutes. When the water gets warm, filter it and drink it twice a day before having food.
- Prepare a recipe with veldt grape powder.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herbal powders.
Heals my wounds quickly while applying pirandai paste over them.
Chutney prepared from Veldyt grape is my favorite…