Cissus Quadrangularis is a creeper plant with various medicinal properties and health benefits, it is called Pirandai in Tamil, Veldt Grape, Devil’s Back Bone, and Adamant Creeper in English. It grows up to 1.5 m tall and also has the botanical name Cissus Quadrangularis. The plant Cissus Quadrangularis possesses quadrangular-sectioned branches, 8 to 10 cm long and 1.2 to 1.5 cm wide. The margin of the skin is at every angle of the branches with these bipeds. The ends of the trilobed leaves have a 2 to 5 cm wide-tooth structure. It also has racemes of small white, yellow or green flowers. Veldt Grape Powder possesses a lot of medicinal value and health benefits.
Vernacular Names of Veldt Grape
|Botanical Name||: Cissus Quadrangularis|
|Tamil Name||: பிரண்டை / Pirandai Powder|
|English Name||: Veldt Grape Powder|
|Malayalam Name||: കാണാളംപരന്ത് / Cannalamparanta, Sannalampiranta|
|Hindi Name||: हड़जोड़ / हड़जोरा / जंगली-अंगूर / Hadjod, Hadjora, Jangli-Angoor|
|Sanskrit Name||: Asthisamharaka, Asthisamhari|
|Telugu Name||: గుడమేటిగే / కొక్కిరాయా-రాలు / gudametige, Kokkitaya-ralu, Nalleru|
|Kannada Name||: Asthi Samhaara, Mangaravalli, Manimanguravalli|
Health Benefits of Veldt Grape Powder
- Cissus Quadrangularis is used to treat all digestive disorders such as indigestion, loss of appetite, gastritis, and bowel cancer.
- The important health benefits of hadjod are treating stomach problems and digestive problems in children, and it is good to add them to children’s diet regularly.
- Treats diabetic and hemorrhagic hemorrhoids, and if used regularly, better results can be seen within 7 to 10 days.
- Veldt Grape powder cures inflammation of the joints, sprains of the hands and feet, wounds, and cures minor fracture problems.
- Pirandai treats menstrual problems such as muscle cramps, abdominal pain, and excessive bleeding.
- Frequent use of this Veldt Grape powder can treat high blood pressure, low blood pressure, cholesterol, heart disease, etc.
How to Consume
- Mix a few grams of powder in a cup of water, and boil the content for a few minutes. When the water gets warm, filter it and drink it twice a day before having food.
- Prepare a recipe with veldt grape powder.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herbal powders.