Botanical Name : Clerodendrum serratum
Tamil Name : அங்காரவல்லி, செறுதேக்கு / Angaravalli, Cheruteku
English Name : Turk ‘s turban moon
Malayalam Name : ചെറുതേക്ക് / Cheruthekku, Kankabharani
Hindi Name : भारंगी / Bharangi
Telugu Name : గుంటుభారంగి , కాంట్బ్రెరంగీ / Guntubharangi , Canttubrarangee
The perennial tree shrub called Turk in English, also known as the Angaravalli or Cherutekuor, has blunt quadrangular stems and also has the botanical name Clerodendrum serratum. Like all shrubs, the leaves of the erect plant have three-pointed bristles that are 3 to 8 inches long. Because of this, the leaves have an oval shape.
These are used in oil making because the pulp-like structure is present in the buds of this plant. The beauty of this shrub is the pale blue pink flowers that bloom into clusters with a superficial scent.
The plant produces countless fruits of 16 fruits per cluster, which give color changes to purple-black after ripening. The fruits of this shrub plant appear at the end of the rainy season and the flowers appear in the summer.
Health Benefits of Bharangi Powder/Turk powder
- Cheruteku Powder is used to treat chronic respiratory disorders, common colds, dry coughs, asthma, tuberculosis, and rheumatoid arthritis.
- The decoction of the leaves acts as a mucolytic and is used to break the mucous membranes, thereby curing respiratory disorders.
- Disease associated with jaundice and liver can be cured by ingesting powdered turk root.
- Cheruteku Powder is a good remedy for arthritis, and various other conditions.
- This powder can cure hunger problems and digestive disorders with little or no complications.
- The decoction water of these herbal leaves is used to cure irregular body conditions such as the rectum, cyst, and uterine fibroids.
- It is also used in the treatment of stomach ulcers, stomach tumors, and abdominal pain.
- It has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties and is effective in skin problems and reduces inflammation.
- Cheruteku Powder is very effective in appeasing Vata and Kapha.
- The powder, which is a cure for headaches, helps to correct lymphadenopathy.
- Cheruteku Powder is used to control wounds and burning sensation, and also protects us from stomach worm infections.
How to Use Turk powder
- Just take 5 gms of powder in 100 ml water, and heat the mix for some time. As soon as the water gets warm, filter the content, and drink it before food. Repeat the same for the Evening Dosage after dinner.
- For respiratory and liver problems: Prepare a decoction of Clerodendrum serratum root and drink it twice a day for three days to get relief from cough, asthma, bronchitis, and liver problems.
- For Tuberculosis: Prepare a decoction of Bharangi panchang (all five-part of the plant) and take it twice a day.
- Applying the paste prepared with the leaves of Angaravalli is used in lymphadenopathy and worm infestations.
- By applying the paste of bharangi on the forehead, you can get major relief from headaches.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herbal powders.