Indian nettle has the botanical name of Acalypha Indica, which is also known as Kupaimeni in Tamil. This plant is often uprooted as a weed having a number of health benefits. The plant grows to its full potential of 1 to 2 m during summer. It spreads bright yellow rhizomes and stolon widely. The stem of this plant is surrounded by fine and thin hairs, which are painful to touch and sting badly.
Due to the presence of these hairs, we call this plant stinging nettle. Other than sting, the most popular part of this plant is the nettle leaf. It is filled with full of nutrients that are used to treat many diseases. The leaves, roots, flowers, and even seeds of this plant have different health benefits.
Vernacular Names of Indian Nettle
|Botanical Name||: Acalypha Indica|
|English Name||: Indian Nettle Leaf / Indian Acalypha Leaf|
|Tamil Name||: குப்பைமேனி – Kupaimeni Ilai|
|Hindi Name||: खोकली, खोकला – Khokali, Khokla|
|Malayalam Name||: കുപ്പമേനി, കുപ്പി, കുപ്പിഖോഖലി – Kuppameni, Kuppi, Kuppikhokhali|
|Telugu Name||: మూర్కొనద, మురుకొండ, కుప్పి చెట్టు – Moorkonda / Murkonda / Kuppi Chettu|
Nutritional Value of Kupaimeni
Vitamins: Vitamins A, C, and K, as well as B-complex vitamins
Minerals: Calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and sodium
Fats: Linoleic acid, linolenic acid, palmitic acid, stearic acid, and oleic acid
Amino Acids: All types of essential amino acids
Polyphenols: Kaempferol, quercetin, caffeic acid, coumarins, and other flavonoids
Pigments: Beta-carotene, lutein, luteoxanthin, and other carotenoids
Properties of Indian Nettle Leaf
- Kuppaimeni possesses an analgesic property that helps to reduce pain more effectively.
- The anti-inflammatory property of Kuppaimeni reduces inflammations and eases the swollen piles.
- It also has antibacterial and antifungal properties making itself one of the best remedies for skin problems. It also boosts up your immunity power.
- The extract of this leaf also has an anti-ulcer property that cures your digestive problems as well as an ulcer.
Health Benefits of Dried Indian Nettle Leaves
Here are some of the Health Benefits of Indian Nettle mentioned below:
- The dried form of Indian Nettle leaves is used to treat brain-related ailments.
- These are benefits in treating osteoarthritis.
- Also, it is helpful to combating internal bleeding like nosebleeds, uterine bleeding, and bowel bleeding.
- Indian nettle aids to cure Neuralgia, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Sciatica, and Multiple Sclerosis problem.
- It alleviates Anemia, Tiredness, and treats enlarged spleen.
- Dried Indian nettle leaves can maintain proper blood circulation and helps to keep away from cardiovascular disorders.
- This herb is used for blood purification and its diuretic properties improve the flow of urine.
- It relieves Allergic symptoms like Hay Fever, Hives.
- The leaf of the Indian nettle helps to treat throat infections and dysentery.
- It is the best medicine for Hyperthyroidism.
- General health tonic prepared from nettle leaves helps to relieve lung congestion.
- It maintains High Blood Pressure and Blood Sugar Level.
- Kupaimeni is also helping to cure skin problems, dandruff, hair fall, and baldness.
How to Utilize
- Boil 100ml of water with few dried leaves of nettle leaves, then filter it and drink it twice a day.
- Face Care: Mix 1 teaspoon of Indian Nettle powder, Kasturi turmeric powder, and add rice water to make a smooth paste. Apply it on your face and wash it off after 20 minutes to get clear skin.
- Hair Removal: Mix Indian Nettle leaf powder, turmeric powder, and 1 teaspoon honey. Apply this mixture to your face, legs, and hair. Leave it for 30 minutes. Rinse with cold water. Use this pack regularly for the best result.
- Heat Boils: Grind the dried leaves and mix them with the lime juice and apply it over the affected area.
- Skin Problems: Mix dried nettle leaves powder, neem, lemon, and 1 teaspoon of turmeric. Apply this paste over the infected area.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested and dried without the chemical interactions that assure natural herb products.