No products in the cart.
Kuppaimeni ilai / Indian Nettle Dried Leaves -100 g
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Kuppaimeni is a small plant that does not need any maintenance. But the leaves are a good remedy for skin problems, burns, and wounds. It also treats hair fall and other health issues.
India's Largest Ayurvedic Store
We have 1000s of ayurvedic and siddha products for sale. We cater to over 100,000 customers every month.
Fast Shipping- [ALERT]- Covid-19 Delay
All orders are shipped in 1-3 business days. *Due to Covid-`19, shipping may be delayed. We will get in touch with you if there is a delay in shipping. We ship around the world using India post, DHL, Fedex.
SSL Enabled Secure Checkout
English Name : Indian nettle Dried Leaves/ Indian Acalypha Dried Leaf
Tamil Name : குப்பைமேனி / Kupaimeni ilai
Malayalam Name : കുപ്പമേനി / കുപ്പി / കുപ്പിഖോഖലി / Kuppameni, Kuppi, Kuppikhokhali
Telugu Name : మూర్కొనద / మురుకొండ / కుప్పి చెట్టు / Moorkonda / murkonda / kuppi Chettu
Hindi Name : खोकली / खोकला / Khokali/ Khokla
Kupaimeni is also known as Indian nettle and Indian acalypha. This plant is often uprooted as a weed having a number of health benefits. The plant grows to its full potential of 1 to 2 m during summer. It spreads bright yellow rhizomes and stolon widely.
The stem of this plant is surrounded by fine and thin hairs, which are painful to touch and sting badly. Due to the presence of these hairs, we call this plant stinging nettle. Other than sting, the most popular part of this plant is the nettle leaf. It is filled with full of nutrients that are used to treat many diseases. The leaves, roots, flowers, and even seeds of this plant have different health benefits.
Nutritional value of Kupaimeni
Vitamins : Vitamins A, C, and K, as well as B-complex vitamins
Minerals : Calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and sodium
Fats : Linoleic acid, linolenic acid, palmitic acid, stearic acid, and oleic acid
Amino acids : All types of essential amino acids
Polyphenols : Kaempferol, quercetin, caffeic acid, coumarins, and other flavonoids
Pigments : Beta-carotene, lutein, luteoxanthin and other carotenoids
Properties of Kuppaimeni ilai
- Kuppaimeni possesses an analgesic property that helps to reduce the pain more effectively.
- The anti-inflammatory property of Kuppaimeni reduces the inflammations and ease the swollen piles.
- It also has antibacterial and antifungal properties making itself one of the best remedies for skin problems. It also boosts up your immunity power.
- The extract of this leaf also has an anti-ulcer property that cures your digestive problems as well as an ulcer.
Kupaimeni Health Benefits
- Kupaimeni is used to treat brain-related ailments.
- It is used to treat osteoarthritis.
- It is helpful to combating internal bleedings like nosebleeds, uterine bleeding, and bowel bleeding.
- It also helps to cure Neuralgia, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Sciatica, and Multiple Sclerosis problem.
- It alleviates Anemia, Tiredness, and treat enlarged spleen.
- It is also used to maintain proper blood circulation and helps to keep away from cardiovascular disorders.
- This herb is used for blood purification and its diuretic properties improve the flow of urine.
- It relieves Allergic symptoms like Hay Fever, Hives.
- It also helps to treat throat infections and dysentery.
- It is the best medicine for Hyperthyroidism.
- General health tonic prepared from nettle leaves helps to relieve lung congestion.
- It maintains High Blood Pressure and Blood Sugar Level.
- Kupaimeni is also helping to cure skin problems, dandruff, hair fall, and baldness.
How to use
Boil 100ml of water with few dried leaves of nettle leaves, then filter it and drink it twice a day.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of kuppaimeni powder, Kasturi turmeric powder, and add rice water to make a smooth paste. Apply it on your face and wash it off after 20 minutes to get clear skin.
- Hair Removal: Mix kuppaimeni powder, turmeric powder, and 1 teaspoon honey. Apply this mixture to your face, legs, and hair. Leave it for 30 minutes. Rinse with cold water. Use this pack regularly for the best result.
- Heat Boils: Grind the dried leaves and mix them with the lime juice and apply it over the affected area.
- Skin Problems: Mix dried nettle leaves powder, neem, lemon, and 1 teaspoon of turmeric. Apply this paste over the infected area.
There are no side effects in using this product, and you can consider the medical advice for the usage of this product during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All herbs are 100% naturally harvested and dried without the chemical interactions that assure the natural herb products.