Other Common Names
|English Name||: Neem Seeds|
|Tamil Name||: வேப்பங்கொட்டை / Veppam kottai|
|Malayalam Name||: ആര്യവേപ്പ് / Neem|
|Hindi Name||: नीम अखरोट / Neem Akharot|
The NEEM tree or Azadirachta indica is a tropical evergreen tree native to India but it is also found in other southeast countries. In India, neem is called as “the village pharmacy” because of its healing properties. It has been the main part of Ayurvedic medicine for more than 4,000 years. Neem is also called ‘arista’ in Sanskrit, which means ‘perfect, complete, and imperishable’.
Parts of the plant such as seeds, bark, and leaves were proven to have antiseptic, antiviral, antipyretic, anti-inflammatory, anti-ulcer, and antifungal properties. The Sanskrit name ‘nimba’ comes from the term ‘nimbati syasthyamdadati’ which means ‘to give good health’. Due to the health benefits of neem, it is the prominent herb used in ayurvedic treatments.
The benefits of neem seeds are listed in the ancient documents ‘Carak- Samhita’ and ‘Susruta-Samhita’, the books from the Indian Ayurvedic system of natural treatment.
Health Benefits of Neem Seeds
- Neem seeds are used to make ointments and drops for infections in the eyes and ears.
- Crushed neem seeds are the best home remedy to prevent Malaria. Put the crushed seeds in places where mosquitoes thrive. The aroma of the seeds avoids laying eggs.
- Neem seeds benefit the immune system, especially with chickenpox.
- Neem seeds also fight bacterial infections such as acne, boils, and ulcers in the body.
- Neem seeds help women who need natural birth control. It is so powerful and acts as a lubricant to prevent pregnancy.
- It contains Polysaccharides and limonoids, which are serviceable for alleviating cancer and tumor cells.
- Neem seeds are an essential ingredient in making cosmetics and other beauty products like soaps, hair oil, hand wash, etc.
- It can treat a bunch of skin diseases and is also known to be an excellent mosquito repellent.
How to use Neem seed?
Crush the neem seeds and make it a powder. Then add some amount of this powder to warm milk and it is the best way to drink. Even though the taste is too bitter, it acts as a good tablet for several diseases.
Neem seed powder or neem oil is unsafe during pregnancy. When taken by mouth, it can cause miscarriage. For others, it can cause allergic reactions, stomach irritation, and can also reduce fertility. Though neem is a very good medicine, taking in limited amount is always the best choice.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methods
All the herbs in moolihai are naturally harvested, dried, and pulverized without any chemical interactions. We assure you that the natural herbal powders are 100% pure & natural.