Nilavagai Chooranam is a traditional natural medicine prepared by nilavarai leaves and some herbal ingredients. Nilavarai contains a powerful laxative effect, so it helps to relieve constipation, which affects 16 to 33% adults. The FDA has approved that nilavarai is the short-term treatment for constipation. It is also known as Senna, and it contains compounds sennosides that stimulates the muscle contractions in the intestines. Nilavagai Chooranam is mainly used to cure the Intestinal worm infestation for children and adults.
- Nilavagai Chooranam is used to treat constipation and intestinal related problems.
- It contains natural anti-inflammatory property that helps to reduce the chronic inflammation in the body.
- Cassia lanceolata (Nilavarai Leaf)
- Piper nigrum (milagu)
- Embelia ribes (vai vilangam )
- Zingiber officinale (Dry)(chukku)
- Trachyspermum ammi( omam )
- Sugar ( Sarkarai)
Take 500 mg-1 g of Nilavagai Chooram or as directed by the phhysician.
There is no recorded side effects in this medicine, but overdose may cause loose motion.
Consider your doctor’s advice before taking this medicine along with other medicines because some herbs can react with modern medicines.